Wacky Scenario Ideas

If anybody ever gets bored of doing relatively normal scenarios, try making something like this.

1) An army of flamethrowers vs. another army of flamethrowers.

2) Only officer units,

3) Only units that can't run.

4) Arty Spotters vs. Mortars.

5) WW1-esque, Only the lightest armor, no high-power artillery.

6) Tanks vs. bazookas and PIATs.

7) An all tank scenario in hilly terrain and deep mud.

If anyone else can think of something stranger, reply.

------------------

"War is like a cat, it is easy to let out of the bag, but hard as hell to put back in!"

-Me

One of these days I will replicate a Myth map and substitute dwarfs with mortar crews. The motars/dwarfs will be on top of a steep slope. At the bottom will be multiple riflemen who have to climb the slope in order to reach the top. The trick is making the slope steep enough that it is a challenge for the riflemen to get to the top, but not so steep that the mortar crews can't see where to target.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

How about an army of flamethrowers against an army of lawyers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No good. The lawers would sue before the game could be played.

[This message has been edited by Pak40 (edited 11-30-2000).]

I have made the following "whacky" scenarios (I prefer doing this to historical ones).

1. Myth-inspired Scenario

This is based on the Myth game type LMOTH and the Myth map "For Carnage Apply Within". The objective is to own the flag in the crater of a large volcano at the end of the game. The volcano itself naturally blocks LOS to enemy units on the other side of it, leading to point-blank slugfests in the crater. And to simulate more than 2 players and some of them camping, both sides get reinforcements on all sides of the map at different points, so they come in behind enemy forces already on the map.

2. Figure-8 Race

This is a race of 8 US vs. 8 German trucks on a figure-8 track. Both sides also start with some 81mm mortars with only smoke ammo. After a few turns, each side gets a bunch of snipers in the grandstands surrounding the track, to shoot at enemy trucks and each other. The object is to have the last operational truck. But killing trucks is a 2-edged sword because crews are the most powerful units in the game smile.gif

3. Cross Country Race

This map is long and narrow. Both forces have a dozen armored cars starting at the same end, separated by a high ridge so they can't immediately shoot each other. The winner is the one who first gets a mobile armored car to the victory flag at the far end of the map. The cars must traverse all types of terrain, from rolling plains to forests to long bridges to a village. Both sides have an FO, some mines to block some of the paths, plus infantry to set up ambushes in the village. And after a few turns, some jabos appear as wildcards.

If anybody's interested in testing any of these, let me know. The only condition is, you MUST give me feedback.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

thanks! nice to hear praise from the head of scenario testing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Whacky indeed, but kinda cool too. Love the maze. Reminds me of "The Shining." I guess we need some snow, though biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didn't think of that! i gotta make a new version eventually then smile.gif

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 12-07-2000).]

You people are sick.

But, for the record, I think it would be cool to build a giant Ziggurat and have different units race up to the point.

Or build two, side by side, and have Allies on one and Germans on the other. First one to the top of theirs gets X points; killing enemy units is worth points too.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt the Paladin:

If anybody ever gets bored of doing relatively normal scenarios, try making something like this.

1) An army of flamethrowers vs. another army of flamethrowers.

2) Only officer units,

3) Only units that can't run.

4) Arty Spotters vs. Mortars.

5) WW1-esque, Only the lightest armor, no high-power artillery.

6) Tanks vs. bazookas and PIATs.

7) An all tank scenario in hilly terrain and deep mud.

If anyone else can think of something stranger, reply.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another wacky scenario is one with sharpshooters on hills 500m apart

I'm working on a game of football. The Reisburg Hellcats vs. the Plomville Tigers. Hedges make a great gridiron, but the game will probably be boring, as it's mostly just a flat field. 105mm howitzers are the quarterbacks, armored cars for running backs, and flamethrowers cheer the players on. I've almost got it done.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska