Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Does the retail copy of CMBB come with. . .

the ability to set graphics options like resolution and color depth, etc? I have the demo and I'm wondering if the graphics are the same as the demo or can they be improved? My monitor has a problem where the screen turns greenish off and on and I don't know if it's the monitor or the TNT2 card going kaput. My wife gave me permission to buy either a new GC or a new Monitor. But I guess that I'm hoping it is the card so I can get a nice new one (she'll let me spend up to $300) even though the monitor is 7 years old. What do you all think about this? Should I hope for a new GC or a new monitor? Of course, the sole consideration is CMBB tongue.gif

Guest Panzer Boxb

Graphics settings are done the same way as the demo. If you're seeing a greenish tint and the monitor is seven years old then my money would be on the monitor being the culprit.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

the ability to set graphics options like resolution and color depth, etc? I have the demo and I'm wondering if the graphics are the same as the demo or can they be improved? My monitor has a problem where the screen turns greenish off and on and I don't know if it's the monitor or the TNT2 card going kaput. My wife gave me permission to buy either a new GC or a new Monitor. But I guess that I'm hoping it is the card so I can get a nice new one (she'll let me spend up to $300) even though the monitor is 7 years old. What do you all think about this? Should I hope for a new GC or a new monitor? Of course, the sole consideration is CMBB tongue.gif

If you don't have the "retail version" of the game just what version of CMBB are you using now???

enquiring minds want to know??

-tom w

LOL PL, hey what can I say these thoughts come in an intermittent stream therefore I must post them intermittently.

My monitor is actually a 17" Dell. Haven't had a problem with it until now. My TNT2 card is 2 years old. I know this sounds strange but I suspect the card before the monitor.

The demo is just like the real game... except you're missing about 296 vehicles, airstrikes, factories, snowstorms, bridges, seasons, etc. etc. etc.

Except for the (fantastic) scenario/Quickbattle editor, what you see for controls on the demo is pretty much what you get.

If you're thinking of buying a new video card take a quick look at previous posts. One or two mac cards and one or two PC cards appear to ...well ...suck, when it comes to running CMBB.

[ November 06, 2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

:mad: I wear the pants around here mister man! (other stuff)

And your wife says that's OK. :D

Seriously, it sounds more like the monitor (or a setting on the monitor) than the GC. Try adjusting the contrast and brightness first. The TNT card is long in the tooth, but I doubt the off color is caused by that being faulty. You can also right click on the desktop, select properties, settings, advanced and then maybe adjust colors from there.

[ November 06, 2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

yeah I've checked all of that. It's more like a greenish tint covers the entire screen. It's not a thing where the colors are really "off". Know what I mean? I'm starting to think it must be the monitor :(

Guess I'll have to buy a monitor and a graphics card (I want fog). But first I'm going to hook my monitor up to my other PC.