Delivery Time

No one answered my question...

Anyway, the way I 'burned' through it was by playing it a couple hours a day for 2 weeks straight, with very little sleep. I think CMBB will take me a couple months since now I am in high school.

Originally posted by Cath0de:

About how long CMBB take to deliver to the US? I burned through CMBO in about 2 weeks, so I'm itching for something fresh.

CMBO, btw, was one of the best games I've ever played.

Wait till you get CMBB! I dont know if I will ever be able to go back to CMBO now. Not without my covered arcs and StuG F/8's!

It took my copy three mailing days to get to me in Arizona.

Chad

Anyway, the way I 'burned' through it was by playing it a couple hours a day for 2 weeks straight, with very little sleep. I think CMBB will take me a couple months since now I am in high school.

You only played 2 hrs* 15 days ? Ahhh, you're just discovering the game so, you should wait 100+ other weeks before trying CMBB (as we have done, those of us who bought CMBO in mid-2000) ! :D:D

I'm really not sure I understand what you mean by burning through CM:BO. Did you play each scenario on the CD once vs. the AI? Did you play and win each scenario once?

Did you try any of the Operations? Have you created and played any Quick Battles? Have you by chance looked at any of the over 1000 scenarios for CM:BO available for download at different web sites? Have you tried playing against another player in PBEM? I can promise you that a scenario you won easily against the computer will be a whole different story versus another person.

CM:BO isn't a game with levels you have to beat to advance to the next. It's more like a construction set containing hundreds of unique units, different times of day and weather conditions, and an AI intelligent enough (especially when defending) to push you to get better in your tactics.

Don't be in such a rush to "finish" the game. Try some scenarios at night, or in the rain or snow. Try a PBEM with somebody. You'll find you've just scratched the surface.

And then you'll also have CMBB, which is more accurate, has more units, new armies, new terrain, larger maps, etc. etc. etc. ;)

[ October 04, 2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]