Simple Question - Why is there no separate message board section for upcoming CMBB???

Originally posted by Vanir Ausf B:

There is no seperate message board for CMBO. Just Combat Mission.

While technically true, this statement ignores some important developments, IMHO. When the Combat Mission board was set up, CM:BO was the the only thing BTS had currently under development. Now there is a second game under development and soon (presumably) to be released. While it may be expected that much of the message traffic will shift to the new game as its subject, there will probably still be a hefty volume continuing re the older game.

Having a second board to accomodate the new game would help sort things out. In fact, now that I think about it, I sort of regret that this wasn't done at, say, the turn of the year.

Michael

I disagree with a second board. Why split the discussions into two groups, which will mean jumping back and forth to get "caught up" on current discussions? And also, (not saying it will happen) but wouldn't it be sad to see the "CMBO" board start to languish, with more and more people playing CMBB? Finally, it seems that most of the discussions are equally helpful to both CMBO and CMBB. I mean, say you had a question on the Sherman, for example, you could put it in either board, due to lend-lease.

What are the pros of splitting up into two boards? I can see negatives but can't think of a single positive...

{Edited)

Incidentally, I have been to other message boards that split their boards into varying degrees of separation, and to me, they seem very difficult and annoying to use. I like having all the important stuff in one nice area.

[ May 11, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Finally, it seems that most of the discussions are equally helpful to both CMBO and CMBB.

Well, my thinking is that the new game is going to be different enough, especially in its mechanics and their effects on tactics, that a lot of what will be said about it won't be equally applicable to the older game.

JMHO.

Michael

You are all overlooking the simplest and most profound argument as to why there should not be this sort of 'division' of the Combat Mission Forum.

Two forums regarding the playing of Combat Mission, of whatever type, would require two Peng Challenge Threads, and we are not a bloody franchise operation.

Like the Peng Challenge Thread itself, the answer is, of course:

There can be only One...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Two forums regarding the playing of Combat Mission, of whatever type, would require two Peng Challenge Threads, and we are not a bloody franchise operation.

There can be only One...

Well you could have a cold war scenario there. A west (CM:BO) and a east (CM:BB) peng. Then each would be out to prove which is the best and take over small 3rd world countries.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You are all overlooking the simplest and most profound argument as to why there should not be this sort of 'division' of the Combat Mission Forum.

There can be only One...

You mean to tell me that if CMBB gets it's own set of discussion forums, we just might see the end ( or at best, a lot less ) of all those inane Peng threads? What a lovely idea.

Yes, I'm for seperating them. Let's start today.

Originally posted by Cos:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

There can be only One...

Well you could have a cold war scenario there. A west (CM:BO) and a east (CM:BB) peng. Then each would be out to prove which is the best and take over small 3rd world countries.</font>

Originally posted by Scipio:

Because anybody will talk about CM:BO anymore when CM:BB is released?

Good point Scipio.

IMO, it will be similar to having a beautiful new 2002 luxury SUV and an old rusty VW from the early 60s in your driveway at the same time. The Beetle may have lots of fond memories attached to it, but I doubt that you'll use it much.

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

You mean to tell me that if CMBB gets it's own set of discussion forums, we just might see the end ( or at best, a lot less ) of all those inane Peng threads? What a lovely idea.

Yes, I'm for seperating them. Let's start today.

Hmm, you don't participate in the Peng Challenge, you know nothing of our ways, you're almost unknown on these Boards, with no great record of participation, unless, of course, you're some Prince of the Forum who's member number and posting history lies lost in one of the Board crashes...

And yet you judge.

We, lad, do not judge you.

Mind, if we did, you'd come up very light on the balance arm of history.

Thousands of posts on a Thread that has the benificent nod from the Powers that Be, participation by Beta Testers, Scenario Designers, Modders, and even, on occasion, BTS iself.

A Thread that has known schisms, heresy, apostasy, and has even brought the Forum in general to its knees.

And you find it inane? Good on you, lad!

Now, come up with something significant, yourself, do ya' see, and we'll all have a jolly sing-song!