Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

flak 88

Have heard good stuff abouth this guns but didnt know what it is actually till I see it in game. This thing swivel really fast and just take target after target.

Is this gun actually meant for AA cause of the flak thing in the name cause its working really great for ground target?

Infantry was afraid of it because its high velocity HE round got there without warning and could airburst right over them before they had a chance to take cover.

The tankers were afraid of it because for most of the war, its high velocity and large caliber AP round would go right through pretty much any armor that they could put up against it.

Michael

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Wha? Eighty-eight, shmaydeeate! In my day, we had 16mm AT guns do yah hear me?! We didn't have no fancy-shmansee 'fast swivel' or 'high velocity HE rounds.' We shot metal at metal and were happy with it! Kids today with their big mulipurpose flak guns! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

And you pushed the guns to the battle, in the snow, in bare feet, uphill, both ways - right?

Originally posted by Jagdratt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Wha? Eighty-eight, shmaydeeate! In my day, we had 16mm AT guns do yah hear me?! We didn't have no fancy-shmansee 'fast swivel' or 'high velocity HE rounds.' We shot metal at metal and were happy with it! Kids today with their big mulipurpose flak guns! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

And you pushed the guns to the battle, in the snow, in bare feet, uphill, both ways - right?</font>

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Pinecones and Toothpicks...and glad to have em! :D

that scenario is fun due to the flak 88, it will demonstrate how slow the other guns are compared to flak 88

Btw I was expecting TRPs to have a wider area to get a boresight bonus, turns out it is a pretty small area, probably about 1 tank length outside the cirular target.