Who else loves Battle of Minors?

I have only played two of the included scenarios so far-Jagermeister (as Russians) and Battle of Minors (as Hungarians). Both have been excellent!

I think Jagermeister is a real classic. It had the same feel of one of those Russian-German battles from the original Squad Leader. Very well done.

I liked it, and not just because I'm Romanian and biased, or because my mom is Hungarian.

*Warning, spoiler*

I tried it with the Rumanians first, but it was too easy since the reinforcements kept coming when I didn't need them. It's frustrating having to issue orders to units that you don't need --did someone say flamethrower team?--.

When the self prepelled tank destroyers and Renaults came in, I just about went insane.

It's a good map, just too long and easy. If it's long, I want it to be hard.

If you are playing "Minor Allies" against the AI, I would recommend playing as the Hungarians. I wouldn't recommend playing the Hungarians against a human player.

The one problem I had with the scenario as the Hungarians was the arrival of the reinforcements. They arrived and were immediately in the battle.

PS: The hungarian tanks really looked sharp!

[ September 30, 2002, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Ken Talley ]

Originally posted by Ken Talley:

If you are playing "Minor Allies" against the AI, I would recommend playing as the Hungarians. I wouldn't recommend playing the Hungarians against a human player.

The one problem I had with the scenario as the Hungarians was the arrival of the reinforcements. They arrived and were immediately in the battle.

PS: The hungarian tanks really looked sharp!

I'm going to try it again as the Hungarians then. And yes, those tanks looked very impressive, I really like the large bolts that are used to fasten the armor on. Looks like a whole lot of tank skins aren't going to need changing anytime soon, unlike CMBO.

yep, on turn 18. no matter how many times i reloaded the saved game, it crashed at the same point in the calculation phase...

I crashed on turn 10. Think I'll wait for version 2.0 on this one; let's hope this isn't a bug in the game engine....

The map, however, is interesting and illustrates the difference between a hand crafted one and one generated by the program.

This was the first battle I played. My hat's off to Rune (nice guy who can whip up a mean scenario!). When tackling the AI, this one is definitely meant to be played from the Hungarian side.

My favorite battle so far, although I've just scraped the surface.

No crashes on this one, though. I had some problems with others until I switched video drivers, but this one ran fine.

It would not be the scenario. If something else is happening, let madmatt know and send him the move attached in an email. Charles can then look at it, and see if it a problem or bug already fixed.

Rune

It might be due to the fact that I was one of the lucky ones with a defective disk. The install is missing a lot of .wav files.

I loved this scenario too - I got a major victory as the Romanians and learned very valuable lessons on how to handle infantry, suppressive fire and tanks (like how to position those R-4s to be invisible) that have helped immeasureably in CMBB battles since.

Originally posted by PeterX:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />It would not be the scenario. If something else is happening, let madmatt know and send him the move attached in an email. Charles can then look at it, and see if it a problem or bug already fixed.

Rune

It might be due to the fact that I was one of the lucky ones with a defective disk. The install is missing a lot of .wav files.</font>

Peter, was that the only hint telling you the disk was defective? The reason I ask is because it's possible for me to have one and not even know it. But as of right now, all the sounds seem to be playing.

Because it would not install properly. I had to manually add the scenarios and am missing 100 wav files- IIRC. See the Technical Support forum.