CDV: Direct Action

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

If WHAT is finished in October ?? (they even don't write correctly English. .. :rolleyes: )

Translation of CMBB to ... English ??? :eek:

Cut of the manual ?? :mad:

Print of the *censored* cover pic ?? tongue.gif

Sheesh..

No, no, the real point is :

Remember : CDV sell CMBO too. SO :

When we sold out CMBO, we'll start selling CMBB.

They don t want compete with themself.

That is the point !

Guest Sgt. Emren

Hmm, my German lessons are indeed far away, so perhaps someone can correct me.... but isn't the German word for 'if' and 'when' the same word (wenn)? That might explain the bad english on CDV's part, i.e. "...WHEN the game is finished in October...".

Am I just hoping in vain that I'm correct? :confused: :D

Originally posted by Sgt. Emren:

. but isn't the German word for 'if' and 'when' the same word (wenn)?

I'm not a native German speaker, but IIRC:

'Wann' = when

'Wenn' = if

No doubt someone will be along shortly to tell me how much I've forgotten from my high school German classes. smile.gif

pilgrim

The two German words which I suspect have been mixed up are

"falls" - in case

"wenn" - when

It is a pretty common error for Germans to use "if" for any of these words, and then some.

The original German sentense was probably "wenn es im Oktober released wird" (= when its released in October) and not "falls es im Oktober released wird" (=in case it is released in October).

What I still dont understand is 'why' CDV has to re-make an english version when there is already one available? I unsderstand there are some sensitivites about the SS, but is that it?? Is there more that I am missing? What is the issues on the Continent that make distribution issues so different as in the US?

It seems CDV is simply a distributor (alas, apparently, a poor choice for one), but if everything is already coded and written for english, is it that difficult to simply changes the few lines of code that reference SS?

(Pardon my ignorance, but I have not followed this distributor issue until only recently when I noticed problems arising with CDV)

Originally posted by Gun Dog:

What I still dont understand is 'why' CDV has to re-make an english version when there is already one available?

What you think how long it takes to tear the last 2/3rds off a few thousand manuals?

The safedisk copy protection also seems to be a bitch to apply, accourding to what people told me (I don't do retail software myself).