Newbies Post Your Tourney AARs Here!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ted! We are in the second Round!

Now, we can post our Mighty Mouse AAR's to see what kind of stupid, strange or clever strategies we used.

But, no more AAR's on Blood'n'Steel by the moment. White4 and me are experiencing some kind of technical problems. The last two files he sent were useless for me :confused:

I'll starts a thread in the Technical Forum asking for a solution.

Please read it and see if somebody knows what's happen.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leta:

Hey Ted! We are in the second Round!

Now, we can post our Mighty Mouse AAR's to see what kind of stupid, strange or clever strategies we used.

But, no more AAR's on Blood'n'Steel by the moment. White4 and me are experiencing some kind of technical problems. The last two files he sent were useless for me :confused:

I'll starts a thread in the Technical Forum asking for a solution.

Please read it and see if somebody knows what's happen.<hr></blockquote>

Leta,

Yup, I encourage everybody to provide AARs for Blind Man's Bluff, Mighty Mouse, and Medium Rare. For Down in the Valley, please keep things as vague as possible. That scenario will be used throughout the tournament.

Also, I'll swing over to the tech. forum later.

Okay, here's my AAR for Mighty Mouse. Again, I hope Dan posts his AAR here as well, so I can see how things developed from his point of view.

At the beginning, I had 4 Greyhounds and a company of French infantry. My mission was simply to make contact with the Germans and make them fight. I was told there may be more A/Cs coming, but no indication of how many or when.

The map terrain had two dominating physical features, a hill toward the northwest corner and the main hill somewhat east of the map center. There was some broken tree cover between the main hill and my west edge of the map. Neither hill had much in the way of cover on the summits. There was a light building on the west slope of the main hill, not far below the ridgeline.

My units started in the southwest corner. My first move was to load two MG teams and the company HQ on Greyhounds and head for covering positions. The infantry all took off running for the trees; the mortars and one remaining LMG strolling along behind. The threat of German artillery was a MAJOR concern. The fourth Greyhound headed straight for the building on the hill. I knew the German was starting much closer to the hill and could get there before I did. I figured getting a Greyhound in a covered position on the hill might be a big help.

Everything went mainly okay at first. I received 4 more Greyhounds. The infantry all reached cover. I delivered a .50 cal MG to a patch of trees on the hill to the northwest, where it could do some damage to any German halftracks or A/Cs poking over the crest of the main hill. I got a LMG and the company HQ to the trees closest to the main hill. Unfortunately, my HQ unit stubbornly refused to exit the Greyhound. When the A/C began to circle south of the hill, there went the company commander along for the ride.

On turn 5, we made contact with 4 German Pumas, all on the main hill. My Greyhound carrying the HQ south of the hill crest was immediately KO'd. Miraculously, the HQ took no damage and scrambled back to the trees unscathed. In the meantime, my A/C by the building took out one Puma at 43 meters. My other Greyhounds took out 2 more Pumas, firing 2 shots at 670 meters for 1 hit and 2 shots at 578 meters for 2 hits. I was quickly acquiring new respect for the Greyhound's 37mm sniper rifle. So far, we had a 3 to 1 advantage.

From turns 7 through 10, I tried to keep the Greyhounds in hull down positions covering the main hill (I had received 4 more, for a total of 12). I sent Sgt. Aubron's Greyhound up to the main hill summit to try catching the Germans below. We lost 3 covering Greyhounds, but destroyed 3 more Pumas on the hill (at 596 meters with 1 shot, at 576 meters, and at 625 meters) and Aubron destroyed a fourth circling south of the hill at 289 meters.

On turn 11 Aubron destroyed 2 more Pumas making a flanking move to the south, one at 245 meters and the second at 288 meters using only the .50 cal MG. Yet another Puma came charging over the hill crest directly at Aubron, but before he could react the Puma was KO'd twice simultaneously from 463 meters and 553 meters.

From then on it was a battle of attrition. I lost 2 more Greyhounds and destroyed Dan's last 2 Pumas. In the meantime, all the Greyhounds and my MGs were raking the German infantry trying to come around the north flank of the hill. It was a perfect situation, my armor firing at his infantry at 400-500 meters. At the same time, my infantry was moving up the west slope of the main hill.

In the last few turns I tried a double envelopment with A/Cs to the north and south, along with the infantry moving against the center. A pesky panzerschreck team to the south slowed that pincer, while scattered infantry fire to the north did the same. My infantry made it to the top of the hill and to my amazement found what looked like a German infantry division on the east slope. My D platoon quickly took 13 casualties before pulling back a bit.

I decided not to make a human wave charge over the hill with my infantry, so the scenario ended with my 6 remaining Greyhounds moving toward the east side of the hill and shooting up more of Dan's infantry from a distance. I ended up taking 26 casualties with 7 KIA, and losing 6 Greyhounds. I beat Dan on the point totals 68-32.

This was an excellent scenario. I told Dan if his Pumas had hit on a few more of their first shots, instead of my Greyhounds, the result could very easily have been reversed. As it turned out, after winning the armor battle my A/Cs could just keep out of his infantry's effective range and fire all their HE and MG ammunition at will.

Thanks to SuperTed for a wonderful first round. It's going to be hard to improve on for the next round. Ready, Splash?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Dave H ]</p>

Well, I lost Mighty Mouse because I played like a Tournament Newbie. smile.gif

Things started off very well. I left one section of Pumas in overwatch and advanced a section to good hull-down positions on the right while moving my Infantry to the center. I found good positions for my HMGs and placed my 81mms in battery with the Company Commander as their FO. Some French Armored Cars appeared on the map, and my Pumas did terrific execution in the long-range duel, killing 4 for the loss of one.

My first reinforcements went to the left side, again seeking hull-down positions at the crest. When they stuck their noses up they again found French ACs. The duel didn't go quite as well this time, resulting in a 2-2 vs result.

Still, at this point (about turn 6) I was way ahead: I'd killed 6 of his for the loss of 3 of mine and had taken no Infantry casualties at all. I sent my second group of reinforcements around to the left but kept them behind the ridge, left some Infantry on the crest to keep an eye on his armor, and advanced the bulk of my Infantry through the wooded area in the center. I feel that if I'd left my units in these positions and waited for him to come to me, I'd have won easily.

However, I have a tendency to be over-aggressive. smile.gif

I advanced 3 Pumas to the wheat field in the center of the map, hoping to take any advance by my opponent on my left in-flank. Unfortunately, I took far too long to get my Infantry up to support them.

Also, when Ligur pulled his armor away from my left, I rushed into the gap on that side with two Pumas, leaving two in overwatch.

In the last 5 turns, I found myself in a close-range fight with the majority of his Infantry for the hill in the center of the map. His Bazooka teams did serious execution among my Pumas, and his armor was far more effective in this shorter-range situation. In the end, I lost *all* of my armor and two platoons of Infantry, and that was all she wrote.

I congratulate Ligur on the win. This was a fun little scenario and an interesting tactical problem. I look forward to the next Tourney!

Splash (G) 51 vs Pfc Dunsel (F) 49

I must say I like meeting engagements - you figure out quickly what is yours and what is theirs and what you could get with some finesse.

The instructions were explicit in that I was ordered to halt the French advance and if possible give them a "bloody nose".

I received a Reg. Rifle Co. but the bonus layout was such that they were rather slow and lacked close assault fire power -- further the map was open and there were no smoke rounds except for 8 between my 2 mortars. Any kind of attack seemed out of the question but the materials fit the orders to a T.

In some sense this game resembled an operation in that the score in the previous game was a factor to be considered in this game. I tried to visualize the French orders and thought they would have to be more aggressive (it's Normandy after all) than mine and therefore was more substantial than my forces in both quality of troops and type of support weapons. I just knew he would have the equivalent in Hounds as I in Pumas and an HE comparison would again lead towards more substantial infantry.

Further, I love those wee Greyhounds and was very nervous of them - beady little guns on a fast turret. If I could hit his troops with my Pumas that would be good but getting thru the Hounds would be hard and when 12 Pumas showed up it became impossible (12 hounds after all).

It was pretty clear to me where the French would be starting from so I was aggressive in starting out and went all out to claim the hill that lies on the German side of the middle of the map with the lone house sitting on the further side. I kept to my side when on defense.

The brief said I would be receiving more Pumas - I figured 2 in a bit and 2 later on. By the end I felt like an air traffic controller on a bad day.

By turn 7 I had my squads laid out across the said hill 4 AC's also spread out on the hill and the remaining 4 on overwatch in back.

At turn 8 the suspense was killing me so I sent a half squad over the hill top on the left side and snuck my sole Vet squad up into the trees that bisected the middle of the hill at its top.

It was a golden moment - a mess of Hounds (5) were moving out down below with a lone hound sitting out in the open on overwatch - 2 uncounted. I regret to say I did not believe my eyes and felt for sure the other 2 were hull down on the embankment waiting for my snout to show. On the other hand it was an opportunity and I had to commit to "the bloody nose"part of my orders. I did a hunt then reverse type maneuver and it went fairly well in that I popped 2 hounds (they didn't stand a chance) but if I had just left my Pumas to hunt and not reverse another 2 would have been cooked because his back up wasn't where I thought.

Further a zook team of his (green alas) was making a run and I area fired into the trees where he had hid and it came up toast - the half squad I had sent over never made it back but the Vets were well hidden and had a perfect view of his left forward flank.

This was all over by turn 11 and after this I waffled around for 6 moves. I went into a complete hull down on everyone and Pfc Dunsel began to chip away at me. I don't think I did anything badly but the jump was with Dunsel and he played the sequences better.

I must admit I had myself convinced he had to attack (18 pts. short on BB) so I wanted to hurt him that way and that way only.

I tried a fancy schmancy move at the end (against explicit orders!) - I was mad at myself for being so cowardly -- so I snuck my forward Pumas back to the rear and brought all guns to bear for the very last move. I wasn't entirely hopeful (those slow turrets) but I knew I'd have more barrels and a more cohesive grid.

It turned revenue neutral in that he bagged one and I bagged one.

Thanx Ted for the great time and a clean slate.

Your force selection is always an instruction it itself.

Dave H I will give you all the HE's I have in my arsenal when your ready. smile.gif

Well I won Mighty Mouse because Vadr couldn't just stay on his end of the map. Probaply seeking to exterminate the rest of my forces? Well, he did exactly what I would have done.

Since there was no flags I was afraid a game could turn out like this:

The other player scores a few good hits from long range, sits back and the other is forced to attack hull down positions and will take a terrible beating. This almost happened in my game against Vadr, with me losing 4 hounds to his one, and then the 2 vs 2 trade on my right. Luckily for me Vadr also seems to be an aggressive commander.

After the first long range AFV duels I just made sure he couldn't sweep in from either flank by leaving Hounds in overwatch, and moved the bulk of my forces up the center hill and to the top, rifle teams scouting ahead.

During my advance on the hill I thought scoring four AFV kills on my other flank I would have attacked a possibly fatally weakened front, and thought Vadr would too... He didn't, instead he advanced later, during the last 5 minutes of the battle, and by that time I had most of my units ready to cover each other. He spotted some scouting teams on the top of the hill, suppressed them with mortar fire and advanced with infantry... My rifle company took a terrible beating very fast: He had good bases of fire from MG's all over his side of the map, and Pumas chipping in. I couldn't let him take the cover on the top of the hill and when the last mortar shells fell moved the whole company to engage the attacking infantry. Something like 50% of my squads broke or routed during the first minutes I deployed them, but at least one platoon managed to stay on the rough ground and shoot back. Also, I had cover; Vadr didn't, so when my Frenchies actually let loose I figured I was doing a lot more damage.

By the time my whole rifle company was involved in the fighting they had located the rest of his Pumas, and I was ready to deploy my surviving Hounds; I advanced two on my right flank, supported by infantry, and moved the rest, supported by a lone zook, on the left. The next 120 seconds won the game for me. My Hounds seemed to be more effective from 600 meters and below, scoring hits as fast as the Pumas, and the ace in my sleeve was the lonely bazooka team on my left: It took down two Pumas in 50 seconds. The guys are getting a long leave.

My rifle company was able to keep the hill, thank the Pumas being busy with my Greyhounds, and soon I was able to lay the smack down on Vadr's MGs as well.

Good fight, fun scenario. It was close. Thanks for fun gaming Vadr, and hats off for SuperTed!

Here are the results for the completed scenarios:

Blind Man's Bluff

Games Played-21

Ave. German Score-47.14

Ave. Polish Score-52.76

High German Score-71

High Polish Score-75

Note: since aggregate scores are used to determine winners, the outcome of one scenario will undoubtedly affect how another scenario is played. So, unlike playing scenarios individually (i.e. in a "vacuum"), it is difficult to extrapolate useful play-balance information from these numbers.

After Action Report - Mighty Mouse Scenario - Splash vs Pfc. Dunsel

Given that Splash already had an 18 point lead from our previous battle, I wasn't enirely certain that he would choose an aggressive stance, but still, I chose to prepared initially for a strong assault since I thought that he had more 'room to move' pointwise, and would risk an assault. It seems that we each assumed the other would be more aggressive.

In turn 8 though things finally got busy. Splash's forces took out a green bazooka team that I was tryng to sneak up to the ridgleine, and I eliminated a half squad that Splash was using for spotting along the central ridgeline. I thought that I had the ridgeline well covered by my Greyhounds, as well as the northern and southern approaches. Splash began to make several probes with his A/Cs along the ridgleline, using hunt & reverse orders, and in turns 8 and 9, popped up and knocked out 2 of my Greyhounds without taking even a hit at all from my French forces. I was pretty perturbed that he got 2 kills in three shots, and my frenchmen got off about 5 shots (I think) at his ACs with nary a hit at all. As Splash was kind enough to point out, I had left many of my Greyhounds relatively exposed instead of in more protected hull-down positions. I had also not realized how slowly my stationary greyhounds would react to load, aim, and fire at a target, even if the target was fairly well exposed at the top of the ridgeline to two or three Greyhounds.

I decided then that I would push most of my A/Cs right up to the ridge, seeking a reverse slope defensive position, and insure that the rest had solid hull down positions relative to the enemy.

Over the next few turns I managed to catch one of the enemy Pumas near the ridgeline at close range (turn 14), using the same hunt/reverse technique I had seen Splash use so effectively, and was pleasantly suprised that my Frenchman actually fired and knocked out the enemy before the Puma even got off a shot. Later (turn 17), one of my bazooka teams crawled in close and disabled a Puma at the northern edge of the ridge, while the Puma was seemingly distracted by a Greyhound that popped up into its view then reversed out of sight.

Just before the final turn, my sound contacts suggested that Splash was withdrawing some of his A/Cs from the ridgeline, so I mapped out a hunt & reverse scheme for my ACs along the ridge to try and catch a few Pumas out in the open. The last turn was quite entertaining, with each of us loosing one more AC in the fracas, but it was not decisive at all.

Final tally: Splash lost 3 ACs and had 12 casualties, I also lost 3 ACs and had 10 casualties. Final Score: Splash 51, Pfc. Dunsel 49.

Throughout the game, I wanted to take a more aggressive stance against Slash's forces, but never felt that I had found a path that would lead my forces to a good chance of success. It seemed to me that the ridgeline itself was only good for hunt/reverse snapshots on the enemy, and the northern and southern approaches seemed very well covered by Pumas positioned in the rear areas. Furthermore, Splash played it pretty cool throughout the game, never getting highly aggresive, and never leaving more than a few of his forces exposed for any real length of time.

[i think I'll setup a Quick Battle Meeting Engagement with lot's of A/Cs and practice a bit... I feel like I'm missing something about the differences between Pumas and Greyhounds. :confused: ]

Congratulations Splash, and good luck in the rest of the Tournament!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pfc. Dunsel:

[i think I'll setup a Quick Battle Meeting Engagement with lot's of A/Cs and practice a bit... I feel like I'm missing something about the differences between Pumas and Greyhounds. :confused: ]

Congratulations Splash, and good luck in the rest of the Tournament!<hr></blockquote>

Well, a report from WW2 (you can find a link here on this board, somewhere) talking about comparisons with Allied and Axis AFVs concluded that the Greyhound had "invariably" been the victor in encounters with similar Axis light AFVs, like Pumas. Hmm. In CM they seem quite similar, and the few times I have been able to compare hit percentages from long ranges they, too, have been quite similar. Still, in action, from what I've seen this far, Pumas tend to hit more from long and extreme ranges. Just luck? I know that under 600 meters the Hound is just as good.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

Well, a report from WW2 (you can find a link here on this board, somewhere) talking about comparisons with Allied and Axis AFVs concluded that the Greyhound had "invariably" been the victor in encounters with similar Axis light AFVs, like Pumas. Hmm. In CM they seem quite similar, and the few times I have been able to compare hit percentages from long ranges they, too, have been quite similar. Still, in action, from what I've seen this far, Pumas tend to hit more from long and extreme ranges. Just luck? I know that under 600 meters the Hound is just as good.<hr></blockquote>

The fast turret makes all the difference for the hound in a seek and encounter type deal.

An advantage for me in the first encounter was three fold I figure.

1. As I come over a ridge more and more sight lines open up but because the hunt stops the Puma it's sightline is much less than anyone sitting off at the bottom. In other words the Hounds each had a continuous 180 degree arc (approx) to cover and the Pumas about 100 degree arc and only would be 180 at the top of the hunt but by then the reverse order supercedes.

2. The down tragetory of my shells or conversely the 30 degree upward for your guns. So that they had to swing the turret and the gun moves upward -

3. I made sure that the Pumas wouldn't have to swing their turrets very far - thereby negating (as much as possible) the turret advantage. Once this is limited the Puma is just a better machine.

Finally each of Dunsel's hounds got off only 1 shot -- you have to be cracker to do that and kill. Whereas (for above reasons) my two kills came with the 2nd shots.

If mine were reg pumas and yours vet I think you would've been happier with the results.

Thanx for the games Pfc Dunsel and it was nice to see your AAR

Oh another thought on the puma in the sky and hound on the ground. You'd would be seeing the Puma against the sky and it is very hard to judge distances. I would hope this would be modelled in CM! smile.gif

I was looking for where one shot of yours went Dunsel and it was the furthest I'd every seen a shot hit the back of the map! I'm sure Paris heard it!

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Splash ]</p>

Mighty Mouse AAR:

Flammenwerfer

vs.

Silvio Manuel

I came into this battle with a modest lead of 8pts. I knew I couldn't take huge risks and still make it. My proud mechanized French frys were eager to spill some Hun ketchup.

My initial concerns were setting up the three 60mm for indirect fire, giving the .50cal a ride to the leftmost large hill, and getting lots of eyes forward to monitor any enemy recon near the huge central hill.

I dropped off the .50, and then reversed my 4 'hounds back down the hill a bit. As my 2nd 'hound Pn moved leftwards to join the 1st Pn, first contact came- he had 3 AC's in the rough area in front of the left hill- right in front of my .50cal, who was still walking. One of my 'Hounds from the 2nd Pn fired its MGs towards the Puma Pn.

My .50cal team's delight at seeing *close* range light armor was blunted by it being quickly broken by 3 AC MG's, plus 2 disemarked MG teams. My #3 AC from 2nd Pn fired away at the Puma, who was too busy shooting at my .50cal, that my 'hound missed 3 shots unnoticed, then the Puma turned and we both missed, then I got the KO on the 5th shot.

In the same turn, I had hunted forward with two pairs of 'Hounds from the 1st Pn, one pair each moving left and right from the summit. The two on the right didn't come far enough to see anything. The two on the left AC's hunted and stopped to fire and KO two more Pumas charging up from a depression. My 1st Pn ACs had been far enough back to not be seen by his 1st Pn ACs near the rough.

For the next few turns we traded ACs, 6 lost for each side. I lost a few when I got to greedy, bringing the ACs in to shoot up Flammenwerfers' HMGs and crews, esp. once a 'Schreck was killed. His Pumas got in the all-important 1st shots, as I made the mistake of not keeping overwatch while the 'Hounds were chewing on MG crews.

He had a bad exchange later in hunting Pumas up from a dip, and even though our ACs were both shooting stationary, it seemed like the 'Hounds faster turret was decisive.

Our infantry plans were quite different. I moved my company forwards towards the house on the central hill. They were not in proximity to my Greyhounds. I missed any chance to bring my Bazookas to bear. Aside from 1 team, my infs failed to spot the ACs headed right at mine, due to poor positioning.

I was quite shocked late in the game when I was contemplating an attack with my 6-3 AC odds, when his infantry showed up as a screen, right near my ACs. I then pulled back, fearing the 'Shreck threat, since my infantry wasn't around to deal with the them. He had kept his infs close to the remaining ACs.

Final was:

59 Silvio Manuel

41 Flammenwerfer

Cheers to SuperTed- it sure is different to be playing with no flags or offmap arty, let alone bad weather. Good show.

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]</p>

OK, I'll bite. I played as Free French against ASLer. As I had a very small lead from the first game, I had the luxury of sitting back and setting up a good defense. Rather than providing a play-by-play, I'll provide the defensive plan (and frankly, I can't remember it all anyway.)

I used the first 4 M8s to transport the 3 mortars and an HQ to the exposed hill on my left rear flank, with the HQ overlooking the battlefield from just behind the crest, and the 3 mortars hidden, but in control, behind the hill. They took some long-range pot-shots at advancing infantry (mostly HMG units) at various times in the game, but I don't think they did much damage.

The remaining infantry was dispersed throughout the various trees across the width of the map just in front of my starting point. I had no intentions of moving them from there (I know, not nice, but practical...)

Then more M8s showed up, zut alors! I grouped them into at least pairs, if not more, in order to increase my chances of a first-shot hit.

Location-wise I used 3 basic tactics:

1) Behind woods, but facing side-ways. The intent was to get a side-shot at the Puma, thus not only seeing a larger target, but also forcing the Puma to rotate its slower turret.

2) Behind the crest of a hill, thus forcing local superiority as the Pumas advanced over the crest.

3) A "spoiler" group held far back behind a small rise that I would move forwards and then back again into cover every other turn or so, looking for quick shots at targets of opportunity, and trying to lure the enemy into trying to shoot at them, thus exposing themselves to numbers 1) and 2) above.

Because of my far-back defensive position, I was not really concerned about the enemy infantry, and that is pretty much what happened.

Final score: voidhawk 81, ASLer 19. Perhaps more importantly, I gained a good PBEM opponent - we are into our second post-tourney game now.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by voidhawk:

OK, I'll bite. I played as Free French against ASLer. As I had a very small lead from the first game, I had the luxury of sitting back and setting up a good defense. Rather than providing a play-by-play, I'll provide the defensive plan (and frankly, I can't remember it all anyway.)

I used the first 4 M8s to transport the 3 mortars and an HQ to the exposed hill on my left rear flank, with the HQ overlooking the battlefield from just behind the crest, and the 3 mortars hidden, but in control, behind the hill. They took some long-range pot-shots at advancing infantry (mostly HMG units) at various times in the game, but I don't think they did much damage.

The remaining infantry was dispersed throughout the various trees across the width of the map just in front of my starting point. I had no intentions of moving them from there (I know, not nice, but practical...)

Then more M8s showed up, zut alors! I grouped them into at least pairs, if not more, in order to increase my chances of a first-shot hit.

Location-wise I used 3 basic tactics:

1) Behind woods, but facing side-ways. The intent was to get a side-shot at the Puma, thus not only seeing a larger target, but also forcing the Puma to rotate its slower turret.

2) Behind the crest of a hill, thus forcing local superiority as the Pumas advanced over the crest.

3) A "spoiler" group held far back behind a small rise that I would move forwards and then back again into cover every other turn or so, looking for quick shots at targets of opportunity, and trying to lure the enemy into trying to shoot at them, thus exposing themselves to numbers 1) and 2) above.

Because of my far-back defensive position, I was not really concerned about the enemy infantry, and that is pretty much what happened.

Final score: voidhawk 81, ASLer 19. Perhaps more importantly, I gained a good PBEM opponent - we are into our second post-tourney game now.<hr></blockquote>

voidhawk,

Thanks for the AAR. These are fun to read.

Also, I was wondering how many of you guys are continuing to play outside of the tournament.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

voidhawk,

Thanks for the AAR. These are fun to read.

Also, I was wondering how many of you guys are continuing to play outside of the tournament.<hr></blockquote>

Commander and me are playing 3 games simultaneously: an attack, a defense and a ME. In our last 3 games from BMB we achieve a DRAW so, maybe, this time we will have a winner smile.gif

And I'm playing (along with Give & Take) Blood'n'Steel against White4 off the tournament. At this moment, we are smashing our light and medium tanks with long range shots (my nearest enemy is 800m. far!)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leta:

Commander and me are playing 3 games simultaneously: an attack, a defense and a ME. In our last 3 games from BMB we achieve a DRAW so, maybe, this time we will have a winner smile.gif

And I'm playing (along with Give & Take) Blood'n'Steel against White4 off the tournament. At this moment, we are smashing our light and medium tanks with long range shots (my nearest enemy is 800m. far!)<hr></blockquote>

Leta,

You'll be a grog in no time. :eek:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Also, I was wondering how many of you guys are continuing to play outside of the tournament.<hr></blockquote>

Well, I've 'cornered' Witko into a rematch playing an excellent map involving moving Germans through some woods at a fast clip, which, of course, in spite of the briefing, I haven't done and am now running out of time...And I'm playing the Medium Rare with Tom and that one is totally up in the air at this point...up in smoke...'Hey, gimme some of that, man'...'No way, man.'...'awww, don't Bogart, man.'

:D

I can tell you that Leta is a grog already!

As far as the AAR for Mighty Mouse...

From what I remember, Leta played Axis. We vehicle dueled at long distance which was pretty even. I saw two Puma's moving to center on his left flank and I had a couple of Greyhounds in that little valley on my right at the middle of the map. I think their position surprised him and both Puma's were killed but he had moved another Puma onto the big hill in the middle which evened things up. We were pretty even all the way to the end. He moved infantry onto the crest of the hill supported by a Puma while I plinked away at them. The game ended in a draw even though Leta had the Puma and a couple of extra points. This was a fun game and Leta and I immediately setup a QB using recon rules and played that one to a draw too. Thanks SuperTed, nice scenario. It was "muy" fun! (I learned that Spanish from Leta!)

Originally posted by Commander:

From what I remember, Leta played Axis.

I disagree, my friend! That's the only one time I played with Allies in all our games! ;)

Sincerely, I was afraid when I saw my units in MM. Allied Forces! And FRENCH!! I never, never play with Frenchs (only one time, against Big Dog). BTW, Spanish and Frenchs are everlasting enemies. And I don't know the Allied vehicles very well. But, I must face the facts, the Greyhound is a very reliable AFV.

In MM, I try to take good ambush positions ASAP, trying to put some traps for all the vehicles who intends to pass the big hill top. Before my 4 first Greyhounds reached their positions (the infantry marched in the middle of the valley), 2 Pumas appear in hull down. Well, then we achieve 2 doble kills in the same turn!! But I managed to put 2 Greyhounds in good positions at the right of the hill.

Then, I send 2 more to the little hill in the left. When they just reached their positions, 2 Pumas appeared. My infantry starts to shoot at them to force they to be buttoned. Then I move my 2 Greyhounds to seize the Pumas, ... but they failed and the Pumas kill the 2 Greyhounds. Later, my zooks (and another Greyhound) take out the Pumas. I try to reinforce the little hill position, but 2 Greyhounds more died in the way, killed by the Commander's Pumas.

The rest of the battle was a cat-and-mouse game around the top of the big hill. Finally I managed to maintain alive a couple of Greyhounds and almost all my infantry (for only a second. An evil Panzerschreck ends the battle with a Greyhound in sight!)

Very, very fun battle ("muy divertido", Commander).

Thanks Ted for all the Tournament.

[ 01-29-2002, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Leta ]

Ha ha! I have cleverly waited until my opponent (Leta)posted his AAR! All his tactics are revealed to me! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! The field will be littered with smoking wrecks!

Sadly, most of those are mine...

Anyway, my AAR of MM vs Von Vinga.

Like most german players of MM, I saw the big hill in the immediate vicinty very tempting. Everyone sprinted towards it, with the crew served weapons riding the pumas. Reinforcing pumas came along to. I set up a reverse slope defense, and then crept a plt ldr over the ridge for a look see. WHOA! 4 greyhounds standing shoulder to shoulder in the central clearing! What a temptation! Cackling evilly I sent all 12 of my pumas to hunt up the hill, hopefully stopping in hull down while they wreak a fearful vengeance upon the poor greyhounds. I watch the movie..things look good...BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Greyhounds burning! But wait! There's 4 more greyhounds to the far left! I lose 4 pumas in quick succession, taking only 1 greyhound in response. Knashing my teeth, the pumas slide back behind the hill as I curse Lady Luck. I then pop 3 pumas on the far right, masked from the EVIL greyhounds, and successfully take out the last greyhound on my right. He now has 4 greyhounds on the right and 2 hidden in the middle to my 7. Muahahahaha!!

AND NOW FOR A CUNNING PLAN. Since I am the epitome of bold, rash, and foolish manuvering, I quickly charge 4 pumas around on the far right, to capitalize on no greyhounds left. Infantry? BAH!! We spit on infantry, especially French!!

The remaining 3 pumas wait for the last 4 greyhounds to reappear. My 4 pumas, dust flying, charge around a corner, and POP POP two greyhound explode! The crowd rejoices! Beer all around! The following turn sees the 4 remaining greyhounds hurtle into the middle of the board, set up to cross over a hill and into my 4 puma's guns. But whats this? He's exposing his flanks to my 3 pumas left behind! Woot! I do a premature victory dance as my pumas open up on the unsuspecting greyhounds. But no! The greyhounds, AKA THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE, with eagle eye sight and clairvoyance, defty dodge out of my initial salvo and procede to destroy all 3 pumas with no losses in a terrifying exchange of fire.

Shaken, I look to see how my 4 pumas behind the lines are doing. Curses! My pumas have edged to close to a suspicious patch of rocks, and now a frenchy bazooka man sits up! Unfazed by the machine gun fire parting his hair, he fires 3 rounds in quick succession (obviously he had his morning bottle of port) and destroys 3 of my pumas! I slump in the chair..I have 1 puma left. Alas, for even that is not to be. A dastardly French 50 cal gunner decides to turn my last puma into swiss cheese as it attempts to reach a fold in the ground. Shaken, but not stirred, my troops brace themselves for the onslaught, but the game ends before the frenchies can come to grips with my infantry. The french win.