operations

I'm fairly new to CM. I love BO, the Demo BB and can't wait for the full game. The only thing that I don't like is the operations - or maybe i'm doing something wrong? It's really distressing to spend hours fighting over a crossroads, a hill or a stone farmhouse, capture it (after suffering substantial losses)and then in the next scenario in the operation finding that you have to do it all over again. Please advise.

"It's really distressing to spend hours fighting over a crossroads, a hill or a stone farmhouse, capture it (after suffering substantial losses)and then in the next scenario in the operation finding that you have to do it all over again. "

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of troops in WW2 thought exactly the same thing ;)

You don't understand the valid point teh poster is making. Campaigns in CM1 close to stank. I was one of the ones who hounded Steve to do something about it.

Of most concern was a) the perimiters B) reinforcement numbers ( 5 being far to few) and c) the way reinforcements cane on.

All these things seem to have been addressed in BB better than I could have hoped for. I will again be hounding Steve if otherwise. Fortunatly the crew at battlefront take player imput serously and I am sure if we find further " errors" they will be looked into.

Originally posted by Maj Soshtokovich:

You don't understand the valid point teh poster is making. Campaigns in CM1 close to stank. I was one of the ones who hounded Steve to do something about it.

I've been playing CMBO since it came out. Trust me when I say that I've posted many times about the weakness of the campaign system and the need for a redesign.

I like to think I had something to do with the changing of the system, because I argued that there was no way to successfully create an Object oriented Operation, such as the capturing of a bridge. All the time that I spent on making a historically accurate Arnhem Bridge Operation was for nothing because the operation system in CMBO doesn't function well enough to make the game playable. :(

Now that they have added victory flags into operations, I can place importance on capturing a bridge, hill, building, crossroads and the AI will recognize that importance smile.gif

Hi,

I am not taking the credit for changing operations, I do however make some claim to alerting Steve to MY particular gripes. Many of these mirrored by other players. I develped 5 operations - most of tehm fairly large.

I did not release them as likewise the AI and everything did not match or create what I wanted.

I sure hope Steve got it right !! By my reading of the new game he sure as hell has listened ..

Thanks