What is difference between Battlefront patch and CDV patch?

What is difference between CM:BB Battlefront patch and CM2 CDV patch?

I own European english CDV-version CM2. Can I update CDV version with Battlefront international patch (non- Eu) and if I can what I lose if update with Battlefront version patch my CDV CM2?

CDV version patch much bigger!?

Confused European (Finn also)!

The CDV version of the patch includes a bunch of textures that were NOT in the original CDV release but were in the original Battlefront one.

Since you have the CDV version and the CDV CD you MUST use the CDV patch otherwise your game will not run properly (it wont see the CD).

Madmatt

The CDV version of the game will NOT work with the Battlefront patch, and vice versa. So if you have the CDV version you need to download the CDV patch.

The difference in size is because some graphics were updated (tweaked/improved) just before we (Battlefront) had the CDs duplicated. Unfortunately, CDV was unable to do this because they had already started their production. This means the CDV patch contains these improved graphics, which means the size is larger.

The two 1.01 games perform exactly the same.

Steve

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

what about us poor bastards in the nordic countries... english patch then i guess??? :confused:

Hi! swedish neighbor I'm also poor bastard from Nordic country (Finland). I think that we have to use the CDV patch (Im not sure about norwegians and icelanders, because Norway is non-Eu country, so is also Iceland), I have bought english CDV-version, so If you have also bought CDV-version from finnish store, Download CDV patch.

Thanks for information Madmatt and Steve smile.gif !

Your info was valuable for us europeans (including nordics: finns, swedes etc)

Originally posted by Sardaukar:

CDV patch is 68 Meg ?!?! Gosh ! How the heck people without broadband can download that ? Is there any way/place for segmented download ? This really sucks big time (no pun intended).

Cheers,

M.S.

Yes, it's a bugger, one of the reason I switched to broadband was because of the increasing size of demos and patches. Your best bet on 56k is to use a download manager such as Gozilla or Getright, these will allow you to resume downloads, so you can download in seperate sessions.