Wine, Women And Sing songs, Long Live The Peng Challenge Thread

Originally posted by Nestor:

Athkatla, I seem to remember that our last encounter ended with you taking a hammer to your PC when the inevitability of defeat at the hands of my boisterous Bavarians and wanton Wurtumbergers finally hit home. We should reconvene this unfinished business on the Ostfront, where I understand open-ground rushes in the face of withering fire are all the rage – you should feel right at home!

Send me a setup for a battle in the great traditions of top of the table poseurs v basement stragglers and I’ll put you out of your misery – relegation before christmas is on the cards, just in time for another new PC in the January sales!

A setup will be winging its way shortly!!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lurkur:

They say bad news comes in threes. Well, shoot, why not make it complete House of Croda/whoever-the-heck-we-are (although lately I am leaning towards "The Lost Boys of the Cesspool") extravaganza.

Panzer Leader, I have not had the misfortune to address you directly before now, but since you are taking arms up against my liege and my bastard half-brother squire (no offence intended, Nidan), why not take on the whole house? If you win, then you will have defeated a whole house at once, a MBT first no doubt.

Have at you, you squinty-eyed, eel-faced tactical hack! Your convoluted sentence structures and obtuse and impenetrable analogies cannot save you now!

Lurk

Hmm, I must say, there is a certain symmetry, a certain slant of light to that. Good show, Lurch. Send a feckin' set-up, but none o' that gamey ****e Mrspkr tries to pawn off. I want a real battle where real men can haul off and pound one another. (Excepting you of course, boyo.)

Let it be known to all that I am declaring total and final war on all of Boo Radley's Rented Love-Shack. My goal is no less than the destruction of them all. I shall sweep their stain from the dripping quagmire of the Cess fore'ermore. Dirges will be wrought, songs will be sung, skalds and bards will find new material. A new era will begin, and it shall be clean of filth and swine.

Let Croda stop me!

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Send a feckin' set-up, but none o' that gamey ****e Mrspkr tries to pawn off.

You say that like its a bad thing.

I want a real battle where real men can haul off and pound one another.
What the feck do you think this is, Life in His Majesty's Navy (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

You're one very disturbed puppy.

Steve

[ November 27, 2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Lurkur, fellow lackwit and dutiful progeny of Boo_Radley, it does seem that these lickspittles around here have the attention span of gadflies, and cannot focus on one topic for more than a nanosec. Perhaps we should arrange our own contest of succession without their help? (hinderance).

E-Mail me if you want and we will agree to terms.

What say you?

[ November 27, 2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Lars , i a great idea for your next hunting trip to save yourself alot of time, you won't even need a weapon.

Put on your cammo(don't forget orange vest) get realy drunk and stalk your way down to the local supermarket. Once there find a good spot, preferable by the frozen food section and wait(be sure to drink while waiting), next you'll want to spot the meats department. Upon finding the meats department, find a good piece of meat you'd like, then run as fast as you can to the counter shouting i am king of the jungle!!! Then take a number and crouch back down behind the stack of canned soups. When they call your number this is your chance to shine, try leaping over the 6ft tall stack of cans(it's ok if you knock a few over) and throw your number at the lead meat department guy, and tell him you want the pice of meat you spotted earlier. Then he'll probably take it out and wrap it up for you (make sure to drink while he's wrapping it), this should feel very rewarding, and you'll never have to worry about coming home empty handed!

Brother Nidan1 (and I mean "brother" in the Clockwork Orange sense),

While I would be delighted to settle this matter ourselves in as honourable fashion as our esteemed heritage would permit, it seems to me that we ought to give Marslow his kaniggitly due, and let him pick the means and the place of settling this matter. Perhaps a better use of our time would be to badger him until the feckless lout actually finishes what he took upon himself.

Lurk

Originally posted by Lurkur:

Brother Nidan1 (and I mean "brother" in the Clockwork Orange sense),

While I would be delighted to settle this matter ourselves in as honourable fashion as our esteemed heritage would permit, it seems to me that we ought to give Marslow his kaniggitly due, and let him pick the means and the place of settling this matter. Perhaps a better use of our time would be to badger him until the feckless lout actually finishes what he took upon himself.

Lurk

Agreed dear Lurkur he did step up to the task, let us endeavor to make his life miserable.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

What?

A late, but as sincere as anything, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to that ever lovable Mr L. Morningstar, voted Most Valuable Client for the fivethousandelevenhundredandthirtytwelfth year running by us.

Moriarty, you owe us a turn. We still haven't converted (ahaa) so no need to wait for that.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Boo, if I may, I might have a fun little scenario here . . . in fact, you may even be familiar with it . . . it's called, let me see here, Kursk You, Red Baron! I could email you a copy if you would like.

It's not Odztraylyun, but it is, err, ominous.

No need to thank me, just trying to help.

Steve

Dear Steve,

(May I call you Steve? I know it doesn't have the sachet of say...troglodyte, but it is an innocuous kind of handle.)

As much as I would love to settle "Kursk you, Red Baron" on PL's head like some over ripe meadow muffin, I feel that unless I walked him through it while holding his paw, he would cry and whine and make the kind of scene you could only find in your garden variety trailer park on any given night or in a movie along the lines of "The Ya-Ya Sisterhood".

Not that that wouldn't be entertaining, mind you.

It's just that when the scions of Marlow/Croda sweep him off the battlefield, I want it to be a clean sweep. No pun intended or recognized. You understand, don't you?

But once again, thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

[

It's just that when the scions of Marlow/Croda sweep him off the battlefield, I want it to be a clean sweep.

You're even denser than I thought. Wrong lawyer BooBoo. I've my own misbegotten CessProdgeny without having to claim your lot.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Dear Steve,

I feel that unless I walked him through it while holding his paw, he would cry and whine and make the kind of scene you could only find in your garden variety trailer park on any given night or in a movie along the lines of "The Ya-Ya Sisterhood".

You understand, don't you?

I see. In other words, you don't want to deal with the flashbacks when PL's behavior begins to mirror, well, YOURS when we last played that fine, fine scenario.

Well, I tried, really I did. I have another scenario titled -- let me see -- "Fish in a Barrel" -- It hasn't been playtested yet -- frankly, it hasn't been completed yet -- OKAY -- IT'S STILL JUST A CONCEPT, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? -- but I see it as an epic struggle between a battalion of Crack German SS troopers arrayed against a platoon of regular Soviet infantry (backed, of course, by a little artillery and a few MGs).

Oh yeah, the Germans have to cross about a kilometer of water towards the Cliffs of Dover-ski (not to be confused with the 'Freds of Dover-ski), land, and seize an objective, located right behind a row of pillboxes.

Interested? I know, I know, I just gave away the map and force totals -- but it IS balanced -- the Germans have just as many points as the Soviets . . .

Steve

[ November 27, 2002, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]