Am I bad?

Okay, sorry it's OT, but I can be an OT sort o' guy occaisionally, right?

I used to love Panzer General, I know, beer-n-pretzels, and all, but I played for HOURS when it was the only game in town. I also really loved PG2, but when PG3 (3D) came out, I felt betrayed, since I had a crappy computer that couldn't handle it.

SO I moved on to what by this time had become TRUE computer wargame simulations (as BTS calls them) and got a new computer, found Combat Mission (best ever dontcha know?) and the rest is history...

SO I thought.

Well, last week I had ten bucks in my pocket and found Panzer General 3D stuffed in the back of the Wal-Mart bargain bin, right between Myst 1,2 3, and 16, Command and Squander, and Alien vs Everquest -- so I picked it up.

Now, I've been having a rip-roarin' time blasting through them ambiguously-sized enemy units while toolin' around the sky in my Stukas, rolling city-sized tanks over the unkown distances of this gazme, so I ask you:

Am I bad?

I really liked the PG series "back then". Played it for hours together with many other wargames.

Then came Combat Mission. And wargaming changed forever for me...

At lot of good games gather dust on the bookshelf since then. They're still nice, it's just... well.. they're not like CM. They don't give me the satisfaction of getting a weak spot penetration on KT. Or let me feel the pain when my assault force gets caught in an arty barrage. Or make me go mad when my support tanks get stuck on a muddy field.

And yes, you're bad.

;)

I still play Panzer General 2, almost as much as CM. Here is why http://www.strategyplanet.com/panzergeneral/

This site has more user made campaings and different equipment files, so that you can get almost all vehicles through the whole war, simply amazing. These guys expanded PG2 to it's fullest, it's awesome, check it out!!! Also, check out their massage board.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Rommel22 ]</p>

Well,

I have to admit I loved Pg1 and 2. They were great fun. Playing the campaign could make one stay up alnight. Just one more battle and I will go to bed. Yeah right!!!

Plus I met alot of people from all over the world playin pbem. Combat Mission is way better but for the time period it the Pg series kept me a happy gamer. Now if I can only find that perfect strategic game that appears to be very elusive.

Don't be knockin' Alien vs. Predator, that's one of the scariest & coolest computer games you can buy. I mean, who hasn't at one time or another wanted to be a Predator, what with the cool vision, toys, and beastly mug, so you can hunt the deadliest game of all...man smile.gif Or Aliens, whichever you prefer.