Valley of Trouble

Originally posted by redwolf:

I never played it. Which side and settings would you recommend?

Really? I was stuck with the demo for weeks because the CD was back-ordered, and I played it to death. I still think it's one of the best scenarios out there for learning the elements of CM. OTOH, if you're an old hand, it might not be so exciting.

BUT, if you want to try it: it's a set-piece US attack against a static defense and really works better from the Allied side. I think it could be challenging on a first go round with the standard settings, but you might give the AI a small experience bonus. To get the flavor of the demo experience, I wouldn't give the Axis a force bonus until you'd played it once.

It's possible for the Allies to win a Total Victory in this if all goes right, but it's also possible to get your tail kicked if you put a foot wrong or neglect fundatmentals.

BTW, if any newbie CMBO'er want to practice their attacking skills vs. a human opponent, I'd be happy to PBEM this against one of you, taking the Axis. My email is in the profile. Or I could take on an experienced CMBO'er in a nostolgic grudge match (You can tell the computer upgrade I need to run CMBB hasn't arrived yet, can't you? It's in Indiana as we speak, so you'd better catch me soon.)

:D:D