Invitational Tourney [Part II]

Now we got one bottle of Italian wine. It has "Merlot Cabernet" on it.

Galanti: I am losing this one and badly! I don't like this fog scenario at all!

Kettler: I have not heard about him for a while.

I am soon going to my two week vacation, unable to play CMBO.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Still at early stages with Galanti, he's dropping some light arty (81mm I suppose) in two random locations in the assumed path of my advance. Let's say he's causing lot's of damage. :rolleyes: <hr></blockquote>

Well... I figured I had so much to spare that I'd try to share it with you early and often. If you'd show yourself, I'd be more then happy to correct my aim ;)

Ben

Galanti: Killed my two tanks, one destroyer and one Sherman. Destroyer with artillery and Sherman with assault gun. They were completely useless. My remaining Priest shot at his assault gun, damaged it or at least killed the commander. His Panzer IV? is aiming at my Priest. Not looking good at all, I'm afraid that my troops surrender soon.

Kettler: Is away?

First of all, I am continuing in the Invitational, to which end I have commenced negotiations with MickOZ for our pending fight.

Fuerte, I'll recheck my files, but I've been here all along, believe you owe me a turn, and thought you were out of town and unavailable. Tom, Peter, and MickOZ, all from Rumblings, will attest that I've sent turns out over the holidays.

Bring it!

Regards,

John Kettler

MickOZ and I have finished hammering each other into tactically structured oblivion in Rumblings. We now turn to finishing arrangements for less structured slaughter in the Invitational. He doesn't like the Jarmo rules, so has been given a counterproposal.

Fuerte must be on vacation or has been abducted by

aliens. No turn from him.

To the rest of you I've yet to fight, be of good cheer. My last two games in Rumblings are but a few turns from completion. This will clear my decks to

blast your pojies shortly.

Regards,

John Kettler

Dorosh and Galanti, many days no killing.

I'm waiting...<hr></blockquote>

Err... I was waiting for a file from you. Did you not get #15? 14 is the latest I have from you...

Ben

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Ben Galanti ]</p>

Dorosh and Galanti, many days no killing.

I'm waiting...<hr></blockquote>

My God, I might actually win one. After my flukeout with Berli's forces and a 76-24 win, it has been nothing but one depressing defeat after another.

Mister Gentleman Scholar always bought Regular troops...this time around, after some advice from a PBEM buddy, I tried Crack troops...

Well, I'm probably just lucky, but so far against Jarmo I actually feel some confidence. I hold 2 of the 3 flags, and have held my own so far - on my right flank, I have knocked out a Sherman and scattered at least a platoon - they are probably hugging the board edge and on their way to my far flag. They won't be lonely for long...

ON my left, my flank has been secured - Jarmo set a building on fire, which means for him to get at my forces arrayed by the centre flag, he has no covered approach, but must go around the burning building. I have levelled the centre objective house with a howitzer and will start clearing some other fields of fire soon...

With visibility reduced to 50 metres due to night and fog, as well as the urban terrain, it is quite confused to say the least.

My left wing advance seems to be going unnoticed too...so far...

Treeburst155,

I believe the usual drill has been to relay it to me via Kingfish. For reasons unknown, this seems to solve the problem. We have had one instance in the past where the problem was traced to the wrong file having been sent to me in the first place. I have no idea what we're up against now, but I'm positive I don't want to go to war on a billiard table. It could drastically affect my combat survivability, there being no protective terrain whatsoever.

Does anyone know where Fuerte is? For someone who

was so avid to fight me earlier, he's scarcely been heard from at all. I believe there was one post from him over the holidays.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, I made the maps so even that some players seem to be unwilling to go all out for the enemy OR the VLs. :D

MickOz and Ben Galanti just finished a game in which both of them lost. LOL!! The final score was Mick 32, Ben 24. The VLs must have been a complete no-man's land. I'll have to check on how others did on that map. It's an interesting outcome, that's for sure.

Congratulations, ....uh, .....hmmmm....Carry On!

I will update the standings within 24 hours.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

MickOz and Ben Galanti just finished a game in which both of them lost. LOL!! The final score was Mick 32, Ben 24. The VLs must have been a complete no-man's land. I'll have to check on how others did on that map. It's an interesting outcome, that's for sure.

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

Well, actually, I went all out for one of the VLs early in the game and took it, but Mick bottled me up pretty good. He then speant the reest of the game whittling away at my forces too the point where I no longer had control of it.

I had gone all out for that one, and he ended up throwing most of his forces at me to stop me there, so we only had token forces to attempt to control the other VLs. Not enough, however to takeout our opponents token forces tongue.gif

Ben