How about a weapons guide ,or a product like the asl annuals ?

I know HPS came out with a weapons guide for their Tigers in the Mist games .And Avalon Hill came out with the asl annuals would anbody be interested in the same thing for Cmbb .I assume that because of the internet their might not be that much interest .Anybody else interested ?

Oh yes, I'd really like to see a weapons guide for CMBB.

All tanks, aircraft, vehicles, arty pieces, AT guns, Flak guns, handguns, rifles, machineguns, machine pistols, assault rifles, mines, handgrenades, rifle grenades, knifes, sharp sticks, mine dogs, partisan hamsters etc...

Each with an in-game shot and an original photograph. And maybe a small movie. With sound. And complete data including production numbers, detailed specs, TOEs, AARs...

Ah, and did I mention, I want it for free?

:D

Originally posted by Hannibal:

I know HPS came out with a weapons guide for their Tigers in the Mist games

Yes, and I bought it back when CM:BO first came out. It was an invaluable reference to me in learning about the different units as they made their appearance in the early games. I still have it, and it will be a useful reference once again for CM:BB.

IMO, that is the one area left lacking in the CM series. No armor/gun database. If someone came in to CM from off the street with no WWII knowledge, they would be lost in a world of new tanks and guns with no idea what is what. Yes they could spend hours on end pressing 'enter' on all of their tanks/guns to try and get a feel for that vehicle, but there are just too many in CMBB!

I put together a CMBB Armored resource guide, and I know many others will follow once CMBB comes out. Would be nice to have an official one from BTS though.

Chad

What does the CMBB promo say, 300 tank types and 600 other unit types? You'll never be able to tell your 7.62mm Russian anti-tank guns apart without a score card! I hope the manual AT LEAST glosses over the subject. The CMBO manual could've been a bit more helpful in that regard.

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

IMO, that is the one area left lacking in the CM series. No armor/gun database. If someone came in to CM from off the street with no WWII knowledge, they would be lost in a world of new tanks and guns with no idea what is what. Yes they could spend hours on end pressing 'enter' on all of their tanks/guns to try and get a feel for that vehicle, but there are just too many in CMBB!

I put together a CMBB Armored resource guide, and I know many others will follow once CMBB comes out. Would be nice to have an official one from BTS though.

Chad

LOL that perfectly decribes me when I first picked up CMBO. A long while ago I had played Panzer General on my friends Amiga, hotseat style. It had been years since I played it though. I spent hours clicking on the unit info and studying the different caliber size or rounds, their penetration, and the slopes of armor.

So moral of the story, yes there are those of us 'off the streets' and a guide to all units would be handy-dandy.

:D