T-34, LOS, under command, won't "main gun" at an enemy fox hole. Why?

OGSF

Hey? Why? I read the manual and it says tanks have pointy things that shoot. My T-34 is about 60 yards from an enemy fox hole with troops in it, blue line LOS, 74 HE rounds, under command with a red line and everything, buttoned and machine gunning the troops - but won't fire it's bloody big gun thing. I told it to. "Use main gun?" it asked? "Why yes, please do" I clicked. But it didn't, hasn't and won't for the last two turns. Why? No cover arcs in place, no other threats it can see.

BTS fix or do sumfink!!!

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Is it gun damaged?

Nope, completely unharmed. Regular experience, no crew casualties, just won't fire it's main gun at the troops in the fox hole. Machine guns them happily. No wonder the Russians lost the war!

My version of CMBB shows distance in meters, not yards.

I have seen armor shoot the main gun as close as 10M, but it usually goes over the head of the infantry. Keep moving your armor closer to the foxhole and see if you can shoot them!

I love the sound that is made when a squad or more of troops toss grenades and molotov's at a tank!

Oh, as for your problem, Mister OGSF...must be a problem that only you have.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I have seen armor shoot the main gun as close as 10M, but it usually goes over the head of the infantry. Keep moving your armor closer to the foxhole and see if you can shoot them!

I love the sound that is made when a squad or more of troops toss grenades and molotov's at a tank!

I'm sorry old man, but I simply can't understand you ... perhaps if you were to gobble your words more and toss in a few casual references to wee spaniels and the like?

Btw, I'll be in the Boulder area on Dec. 9th if you'd like to buy a fellow CessPooler a beer.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I'm sorry old man, but I simply can't understand you ... perhaps if you were to gobble your words more and toss in a few casual references to wee spaniels and the like?

Btw, I'll be in the Boulder area on Dec. 9th if you'd like to buy a fellow CessPooler a beer.

Joe</font>

Originally posted by energy76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Hmmm. I had thought that the Russians won.</font>
[sneer] Grogs! [/sneer]

Isn't it past your bedtime Hiram? You know how hard it is for you to get up in the morning if you stay up past your bedtime.

Joe

[ November 11, 2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by russellmz:

any russkies nearby? if a friendly unit is near tanks don't shoot...

Why thank you russellmz, there *is* a single sole survivor that won't die near the foxhole in question. Might be why. Doesn't make sense of course. The Russians sent in wave after human wave to be slaughtered by entrenched MG positions, had NKVD troops to machine gun the survivors, but their bloody tanks won't fire on the enemy cos a single useless survivor of a killed squad happens to be nearby. Not that I am bitter or anything.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Why thank you russellmz, there *is* a single sole survivor that won't die near the foxhole in question. Might be why. Doesn't make sense of course. The Russians sent in wave after human wave to be slaughtered by entrenched MG positions, had NKVD troops to machine gun the survivors, but their bloody tanks won't fire on the enemy cos a single useless survivor of a killed squad happens to be nearby. Not that I am bitter or anything.

LMMFAO!!