Crushingly Important Consideration for CMBB Flags

The flag of the Soviet Union, when properly done, only has the yellow star and sicle on one side of the flag; the reverse is a plain red field...

...will the objective flags in CMBB reflect this astonishingly crucial piece of evidence so as to enhance the game play, resale value, and nutritional content of the game???

Basically, Agua and I have brand new computers, so we can make ridiculous demands like this all day long.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

Last time i checked you could only see one side of it anyway... flags rotate like trees I believe.

Exactly, young grasshopper...which is why we must all demand seperate bmps for flag fronts and flag backs. You evidently have no idea of the effect an inaccurate flag will have on my game play.

But of course, since I'm not likely to get any worse, perhaps it could only serve to help.

Hmmm......

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The flag of the Soviet Union, when properly done, only has the yellow star and sicle on one side of the flag; the reverse is a plain red field...

Are you sure 'bout it?

I've lived 14 years in the Soviet Union and i'm kinda sure that the sickle, star and hammer was on both sides of the flag :rolleyes:

...will the objective flags in CMBB reflect this astonishingly crucial piece of evidence so as to enhance the game play, resale value, and nutritional content of the game???

Basically, Agua and I have brand new computers, so we can make ridiculous demands like this all day long.

Grog Dorosh grows old, and strange, and ever stranger, and each day draws closer to entering the Peng Challenge Thread forever, perhaps never to return...

Originally posted by ciks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Are you sure 'bout it?

I've lived 14 years in the Soviet Union and i'm kinda sure that the sickle, star and hammer was on both sides of the flag :rolleyes: </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Sigh...did those 14 years cover the period, say, from 1935 to 1949? No? Well, then your experience is extremely interesting, but not particularly relevant, now is it?

It was extremely interesting, especially when i and couple of my school friends washed our "Oktjabrjatskaja Zvjozdochka" down the toilet when we were in 3rd grade. And someone told this to the school principal...

Well, Michael didn't specified the time frame, and i wondered cause i've never heard of it nor from my parents, nor grandparents. I simply wanted to know more.

And yeah, watch your sarcasm, it spilled and burned my hand badly.

Originally posted by Soddball:

We can only hope. His combat skills and failure to discuss the relevance of the Bren Tripod on tea-making in the early 19th century means he is borderline NotGrog.

this thread makes me think he is more "borderline" than "borderline NotGrog"... tongue.gif

edit: ok, let me re-phrase this. He is definitely Grog. He might however be very "borderline", judging by his recent hiostory of posts tongue.gif

[ March 18, 2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

Originally posted by ciks:

I was discussing the upcoming game COMBAT MISSION: BARBAROSSA TO BERLIN which, and I pray to God I'm right, takes place from 1941 - 1945 in the former Soviet Union, Finland, Balkans, Baltic States, East Prussia, Poland and Germany, and not, as you apparently supposed, in the 1990s in your school toilet.

Sorry for the confusion! ;)

Ah, yes. I am finally rubbing off on him. It would seem that my diabolical guises are ultimately reaching the zenith of their fruitiion!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaa.......