CMBB Mod sites?

Scipio

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering myself: CM Outpost did a heroic effort to catalog all the BMPs; Combat Mission HQ is looking like a ghost town; and there are quite a few new sites with mods available.

Are there any definitive sites for CMBB mods and scenarios? I used to check CM HQ religiously every day for the last several years....

Originally posted by Manx:

I don't know. Looking forward to a site that releases mods the same day they are released. What's going on! Is no one offering this service these days?

And where is your site? Seriously, I think I've been pretty good at getting mods up in a fairly rapid manner, but if I get a mod from someone "across the pond" at 2 in the morning, it's not going up until the next day when I get around to it.

Obviously, all of these sites are not for profit and are there because the site designer's enjoy the product (game) to a point that they wish to offer this service simply because they can.

I'm happy that we even have such sites and personally thank each webhost and designer that has taken their personal time to put it together so that you (we) can all scrounge off of them.

smile.gif

GJK

Originally posted by The Oak:

I was wondering myself: CM Outpost did a heroic effort to catalog all the BMPs; Combat Mission HQ is looking like a ghost town; and there are quite a few new sites with mods available.

Are there any definitive sites for CMBB mods and scenarios? I used to check CM HQ religiously every day for the last several years....

I think Matt is a little busy to post mods right now. The Scenairo depot, is a good place for scenarios, and once we get the ball rolling with our new server, the Scenairo Zone may host some mods and scenarios. (Including scenarios not made by the Combat Scenario Design team.)

Originally posted by GJK:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Manx:

I don't know. Looking forward to a site that releases mods the same day they are released. What's going on! Is no one offering this service these days?

And where is your site? </font>

Yea, and Manx did a brilliant job with the "Combat Missions" site. I'm still missing it. A very professional and central MOD site. Couldn't get better.

But Manx, stop desiring other sites to measure up to your standards. The rest of us are only human after all. :D

Originally posted by Scipio:

What are the most important mod sites for CMBB, or will be? Beside the Combat Mission HQ, WarfareHQ :D , and as I guess Tom's CMHQ in the near future - are there any other important Mod sites left?

Scipio, I'm surprised you aren't asking this question in the new, separate and easy to find CMBB MODS FORUM. :D *ding!* Ooops, sorry. I must have been dreaming....... :(

We live in hope of that ultimate "MOD" ....

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry, but the site is down...has been for a couple of weeks now.

If it's any consolation, I've been posting most of the mods I had there plus new ones as I get them on the newsgroup:

alt.binaries.w-software

Use a good newsreader like Free Agent and not Outlook express!

Originally posted by GJK:

alt.binaries.w-software

Too bad that especially the alt groups do not propagate all that well. Many Usenet servers don't carry alt groups at all, or only a small subset of them, and many expire them so fast that managing to download any multi-part binaries is practically impossible.

Originally posted by Engel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJK:

alt.binaries.w-software

Too bad that especially the alt groups do not propagate all that well. Many Usenet servers don't carry alt groups at all, or only a small subset of them, and many expire them so fast that managing to download any multi-part binaries is practically impossible.</font>

IMHO i think we need a mod forum here at battlefront.com, It just would be so much easier to find the latest mods, news, and websites from the modding scene. Since this forum is overflowing with activity. Im sure it would also have some help and tips with making mods. Just a thought. ;)

Doing that now. Anything in particular that you're looking for?

Also for COG: is there a size limit that you're taking through the browser upload? Larger mods are going to be slow and soak up some bandwidth to upload....