I'm Ordering Today

OK - I'm hooked and am ordering today.

One request - I saw US tankers wearing jackets w/ the tank division patch in a screenshot over at CM HQ. Is this implemented in the full game or a mod.?

If a mod - where can I download.

Now the waiting begins...

Barkhorn.

Originally posted by Barkhorn1x:

OK - I'm hooked and am ordering today.

Now the waiting begins...

Barkhorn.

It's not too late - you can try to cancel your order and if not try going through your credit card company. Consider this post an intervention.

My wife constantly complains because I come home from work and start playing CMBO. My "PC" is now my "CMBO console." My "internet connection" is actually a "mod download pipeline." When I drive around, I am either assessing the terrain for strategic positioning or wondering how I could model it in the editor. There is no support group to help me quit ... I don't want to and nobody else does either.

I'm too far gone; my life is ruined. It's not too late for you. My only hope is that I can make a difference for somebody else - learn from my mistakes! The demo was the free one - the first one is always free. This is an addiction for which there is no cure.

Being a longtime grog and wargamer, You will not find a better wargame anywhere. I've been playing wargames back when 64k of memory was considered enough for home computing needs. CM is a game many of us have waited well over 15-20 years for. Finally, someone did it right (no surprise it took an independent to do it rather than the big software "developers"). CMBB will be even better. BTS would have to add scratch and sniff for realistic battle smells to make this game really better or else use a 3D holographic battlefield.

As for mods, before anything you must download the Mad Dog packs (both of them) as any basis for CM mods. Add other mods from there. You'll find it at CMHQ. The link has already been given above in this thread.

[ March 01, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

Welcome.

I too was drawn in to the dark practice of playing Combat Mission but one month ago. . .

Since then I have begun to drool constantly and have rarely been outside to see the light of day. The cd-rom has found a permanent home in my computer, and I think that if I tried to take it out, it would fight me off.

Originally posted by Simon Elwen:

I enlisted in cm 6 weeks ago and joined the forum a mere fortnight ago and my life now has meaning!!.

Hmm, you may want to get yourself a wife if your life lacked meaning. Once you get tired of her, there is always CM, this board, and CMBB

:D

Welcome aboard sir. If you want to get a PBEM game going let me know. Also, please say goodbye to your significant others, as when the CD arrives they will see very little of you. They will hear you yelling at your men but that's about it.

Where's that CM Borg when you need him...

As it now seems, the only essential needs for a man is a family, a few good friends, some beer from time to time and _a lot of exciting battles to pass the time with_.

The Knights of the Round Table would have answered similarily when polled! The world hasn't changed despite of the serious propaganda from the "tree-huggers" and such. Marvellous! There's still hope!

M

You have to ask yourself: what was life like before you got your first taste of CMBO? Do you remember things like the feeling of the sun on your face? The smell of grass and vegitable gardens? The sound of the wind? What did your wife look like? Remember well. Pictures help.

Originally posted by Barkhorn1x:

One request - I saw US tankers wearing jackets w/ the tank division patch in a screenshot over at CM HQ. Is this implemented in the full game or a mod.?

If a mod - where can I download.

My hi-res US uniform mod set has optional sleeves with a generic armored division patch. Get it at Tom's CMHQ.

Tom also did a unit shoulder patch mod for (I think) both the original textures and DD's uniforms, which you can also download from his site.

Thanks Andrew - I finally found it this morning.

I should have the full version in my hands by Thursday. That means it is gonna be a great weekend.

Anyone know where you can download ASL maps in CM format?? I looked on Google and all I cam up w/ was a busted link.

Regards,

Barkhorn.

There was a copyright tiff with the current right-holders for ASL. However, you can probably still find the maps somewhere if you look around hard enough.

On the mods, anything by Andrew Fox, Marco Bergman, Fernando, and Tank-a-Lot is a sure fire winner in the hi-res department. Also, be sure to check out the Gunmetal interface mod by Deanco at Deanco's Mod Page. That lucky SOB got to do the interface for CM2. Curse my utter lack of artistic skill!! Of course, there are others but can't recall their names right now.

[ March 04, 2002, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

I guess CM is one of the few games that still seem to be sold in large numbers, two years after it has been issued - and for the original price, not as a budget title. :cool:

It's no surprise that the BTS-boys don't need be a concerned about the release date of CM:BB

:D