Any die hard CMBOers not buying CMBB?

Originally posted by Pud:

Im with Tom on this one. I dont have much interest in the Eastern Front but have pre-ordered it to support the company that will revisit the Western Front in years to come.

I think CMBB will be fun but I have to admit I will miss things from CMBO and those will make me return to it after a period (commonwealth forces, shockwaves etc). I doubt I will still be playing CMBB after 2 years unlike CMBO which I will be for many more years to come. (at least until the western front is redone)

Thanks Pud...

I wondered if I was the only one? :confused:

Since there are only two of us, it probably won't make any real difference in the grand scheme of the things.

(oh well)

-tom w

I think there are more than two of us but i suspect they just dont want to be labelled as whingers etc and so dont say anything. I personally think there are a large number of players who think that , for eg shockwave removal from HE rounds was a very bad move (my pet hate) but have seen the "flaming" players receive for thinking that way and so say nothing. I would like to see a poll or petition on this but at present, unfortunately, I would see this as falling on deaf ears.

.....climbs down from soap box....

A mod for the German/Russian to English (with ubiquitous dodgey accent) would be a great idea. I did love how the CC series had a toggle for this.

Heres hoping CMII has a few toggles (speech, shockwaves, etc), where's that deaf ear?

Bruce

I have only had CMBO about 9 weeks or so. I plan on getting the full $57 worth before moving on. smile.gif CMBB was ordered to support BFC and for part-time playing purposes(plus I just HAVE to see those 337mm incendiary rockets in action), but CMBO is still going to be the #1 game on my H/D for a long while to come.

I had little interest in the west front when I got CMBO, but learnt a lot about it after playing CMBO for the last two years. Maybe you out there that aren't interested in the east front will likewise grow to like it. There are a lot of reasons to do so. And of course, the tweaks to CMBB make it a better game than CMBO.

I don't speak russian, but I intend to learn enough to understand what's going on!

I'll be getting CMBB for sure, and I enjoyed the demo. However, my interests lie more on the Western front. I'm an American who has traveled to Europe on many occasions, visiting Omaha Beach, Bastogne, and other places. I can fully appreciate the magnitude of the Eastern Front, but if I want to inject emotion into the game, I'll stick with the West.

Well, I have been playing for about a year now.

I recently upgraded from a PIII/600+G400 MAX -> P4/2.53+GF4 Ti4600. This has allowed me to get into some of the larger scenarious and I am almost finished playing everything that came on the CD. But, of course, there are, at least, 1,000+ scenarios to download on the Web. So, I still feel there is a lot more enjoyment to be had from CMBO.

Also, I plan to go overseas at the start of next year and take my old PIII with me and play a quite a bit of CMBO.

So, I think will just hold off on purchasing CMBB and wait for that experience when I return to the USA in 2003.

!Que Viva CMBO!

I have both (now) and no intention of giving up CM:BO, which got me hooked in the first place.

I appreciate CM:BB, not just for the changes in gameplay, but because there is so much I don't know about the Eastern Front. The different vehicles, unit formations, etc., is enough to get me reading books I wouldn't probably have picked up.

Well I also purchased CMBB to support Battlefront. So far I find CMBB to be more realistic and a whole lot less fun.. To each his own I guess smile.gif Lately I've been playing CMBO without any mods.. I love the bright colors and South-Park looking infantry. Love the shock waves.. Take care Mark