Limit on ambush markers in CMBO you set only 30 then no more

Hi

I have never seen this problem before.

I am playing the American's in a largish (sp?) 90 turn (The Sanitorium) PBEM game.

I can't set any ambush markers.

in the previous turn all I got was a RED (not green, not orange and black but RED) line and no option to set an ambush.

in the next turn I could set one ambush and then the line went red when I tried to set the next ambush line.

Does anyone know of a hard limit set as to the number of ambush markers you can have in play? I think I hit that limit and I'm surprised I have not heard of this before.

the game is ongoing and I'm sure my opponent will read this, but it is only a "friendly game" (if you could call it that, we both want to win), but I can't figure out why I can't set any more ambush markers.

when I did set the one marker then after that the line turned red and NONE of my leaders or other eligible units could set ambushes, they got the same red line.

Does anyone know anything about this?

are the files corrupt (they function normally in all other ways)

or this there a limit to the number of ambush markers you can set and I have reached it (for the FIRST time ever :rolleyes: !)

Thanks smile.gif

-tom w

[ July 16, 2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I have been playing since the Beta Demo days

and I have never set that many ambushes

BUT in the past few turns I have come to the conclusion that after you set a certian number of ambushe markers you can get no more

seriously there is a limit

when old ambush markers expire then you can set new ones up to the limit again and then you get no more until some other expire or are untargeted...

oh well

Does anyone know what that limit is

I'm guessing 32 or 64 or something like that?

-tom w

[ July 16, 2002, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

"Does anyone know of a hard limit set as to the number of ambush markers you can have in play? I think I hit that limit and I'm surprised I have not heard of this before."

I have hit this limit as well. I think some markers will goaway in a turn or two, so just hang tough.

Hi Tom! Just did a quick test and yes, there seems to be a maximum number of ambushes allowed.

The magical number seems to be 30.

(tested in a 500pt QB)

[edit: just tried the same with a 2000 pt QB, result is the same. Maximum of 30 ambush markers ]

[edit 2nd: tried the same with a 5000pt QB, still the same... Guess we can take this as scientifically proven. :D ]

You're welcome! smile.gif

[ July 16, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Hi Tom! Just did a quick test and yes, there seems to be a maximum number of ambushes allowed.

The magical number seems to be 30.

(tested in a 500pt QB)

of course I did not count them

(maybe I should)

but I thought I had more than 30 of them in play.

I'm surprised this has not come up before.

thanks for counting the markers to 30 smile.gif

-tom w

I think it's been a long time since this came up, but a search of the archives should turn up a thread or two that mention it. And as I vaguely remember, 30 is the magic number. May have had something to do with a difficulty of the program keeping track of more without a serious slowdown.

I hardly ever use them, but isn't there a provision for voluntarily removing them by the owner?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I think it's been a long time since this came up, but a search of the archives should turn up a thread or two that mention it.

I hardly ever use them, but isn't there a provision for voluntarily removing them by the owner?

I recall having counted the max number and posted it within the past year, but I couldn't remember the number. I first counted in a large scenario where I was defending in serious fog and ran out of ambush markers. I was surprised that it wasn't a power of 2.

There's also no way to voluntarily remove one instantly- you have to leave it untargeted for a turn.