How to know the range of special weapons ?

Originally posted by putumayo:

RPG also are thrown weapons ? I thought it was more like a bazooka...

No, this is the modern RPG, developed in the USSR during cold war (RPG-2 in the early 50s, RPG-7 in the mid sixties, RPG-18 in the late 70s, last one is similar to the US LAW-72)

[ October 01, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

The RPG is thrown. It's a hollow charge grenade known as the RPG-43, made to land on its head when thrown. The mechanism for insuring a head-first hit is rather ingenious, too. About a year ago there was a thread discussing this very AT grenade used by the Soviets.

I probably should add that this grenade has no connection with post-war Soviet portable rocket launchers also known as RPGs.

[ October 01, 2002, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Grisha ]

Originally posted by Grisha:

The RPG is thrown. It's a hollow charge grenade known as the RPG-43, made to land on its head when thrown. The mechanism for insuring a head-first hit is rather ingenious, too. About a year ago there was a thread discussing this very AT grenade used by the Soviets.

I probably should add that this grenade has no connection with post-war Soviet portable rocket launchers also known as RPGs.

What does the early WWII RPG initials "R" "P" "G" stand for?

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Grisha:

What does the early WWII RPG initials "R" "P" "G" stand for?</font>