got a request for the patch..faces for snow???

Recently a modder created faces for the snow setting. These have a hood or cape wrapped around the face to give the idea of protection from the Russian winter. Problem is that the same faces are used for summer heat.

So, is it possible to have a set of snow faces in the same way as we have for snow uniforms???

MikeT

Patch or not, I think that is a fantastic idea! I saw those winter faces as well and though maybe CMBB does have different winter face sets for exactly that reason. Seems it doesn't.

If you look at photos of winter troops, you will see plenty of scarves etc wrapped around their necks/faces etc. It is a major part of the "look" of winter troops and it would be good to have separate set of BMPs for them.

The possibilities for having a separate set of faces for winter and summer include even having sunburnt/darker skins during summer and paler skins during winter. A nice touch I think.

BTW, when modders make winter uniform mods with gloves/mits on the troops, do they also appear in on the hands of the summer troops?

Lt Bull

The engine could very well allow every texture to be loaded as winter variant. If a bmp file with a filename marker (like the "1" in front), then load that.

Unconditically for all bmps, and I mean all including the interface and menus. I guess that would take like 5 minute to code, it would even be a simplification over the current scheme where only some bmps are tried to be loaded as winter variant.