Great Bulge terrain mod, Scenario suggestions to match...

Having just downloaded the excellent Ardennes terrain stuff from Tom (and a great job it is), I'm wondering if there are any favorite Bulge scenarios out there.

I can say that the best one I've played is the recently released Wild Bill scenario We Can't Wait which portrays the American attack through a shell-torn Assenois late in the campaign. Lots of fun toys on each side, a vivid map that portrays what must have been a horrible place to be on all sides, and a sense of urgency for attackers and defenders that ensures a slug-fest.

"Eye of the Tiger" Looks REALLY good with the Bulge Mods.

Almost makes you want to get down at level one and hike back and forth between positions :) Hmmmm...Iron Man play ought to be neat with the Bulge Mods in place, for those that enjoy it.

--Randl

Yes I played Eye of Tiger scenario last night

and looked good with Tom's Bulge Mod.

played Allies just won. almost a draw.

Have some Ardennes scenarios 1944-45 from Tom's

page to try.

Will Check out Wild Bills "We can't Wait".

Looking forward to Hurtgen scenario when finsh.

Never played mutch winter battles before.

Looking forward to them now.

I don't play on line just against Al.

Thank's for info guys. smile.gif

Originally posted by Lane:

I read Spanish Bombs Post.

Question? were can I download Wild Bill's

new scenario "We Can't Wait"?

Sounds like a good scenario.

Thank's for any info. smile.gif

Lane

Wild Bill hasn't released the scenario for general consumption yet. He may be making some changes based on feedback from the ROW tourney, which featured this scenario.

If you can find someone who played the Axis side in the scenario, they could send probably send you the tournament-saved, password-fixed, PBEM-only version used in the tourney.

OK, I've started a huge Rune scenario called "Assault on St. Vith", 7000 pts which is by far the most I've ever played with in a PBEM match.

Looking forward to the Hurtgen stuff, Shadow, if you need a playtester for something (relatively) small, drop me a line, I'd be happy to help. Lane, I was the Germans in WCW, but didn't save the tournament saved file. I suspect the battle will be released soon, and heartily recommend it.

One added note: in doing the setup for the St Vith scenario the other night, my wife was in the computer room and I showed her the map and said, that's a pretty cool-looking map, isn't it. Her response: "Yes, but it'd look better on a bigger screen." If I'm able to land a 21" monitor from Tom's work, then he just went from hero to superhero in my book.

At the scenario Depot is a BOTB scenario called "Greif" which the author has just reworked to be compatible with Toms mod. It depicts Skorzeny,s commandos disguised as Americans attacking Malmedy during the bulge offensive.

I am still in need of a opponent for "Assault on St. Vith" I am itching to us the mod. Aren’t there any brave men amongst us ;) CPU horse power & band-width will help. Double blind only please, either side & faster paced game (3 turns a week minimum). And you must review the scenario when the game is finished

[ March 06, 2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Bigdog ]