Canadian Scenarios and Operations

Anybody done any work on the Worthington Battle Group? Death at hill 140 or some such. Interesting battle, probably would have to be a CM operation. Kinda was a Custer-esk situation in which the BCRs and Algonquins(sp?) got hammered by two SS kampfgruppes.

Originally posted by Xavier:

Yeah, it'me smile.gif (but it's a secret wink.gif)I think "Ein Wurfelspiel" is quite better that "Charnwood". I'm going to try your "BBII" as soon as possible.

I hope you'll be continuing to make more scenarios.

Point 159, to answer the other question - would be kind of uninteresting, perhaps, unless you are an 88 gunner? I got the impression the situation was quite unbalanced, hence the heavy losses. But I must admit to having considered it. I am not sure how well CM simulates entire squadrons of tanks, though. Not saying it can't be done, just saying I don't know enough about it. I put up a story on Point 159 on my website this week, so its kind of a coincidence the subject is raised here - the story was a reprint from a Legion newsletter, though, and short on the kind of detail you would need to create a CM battle from.

I am working on something regarding Kapelsche Veer right now which may or may not pan out. Flat open ground, two Canadian battalions with meagre armour support against a reinforced German paratroop company. Will see what the balance is like.

There is also a good Woensdrecht scenario being developed as I write this which looks very promising with a well done map.

Oh, Xavier, I got a very good AAR on my BBII - I may have to change the German forces; if you wait maybe I can send you a better version. The gents who played this through to conclusion found the Germans a little underequipped and poorly set up. I also want to move the minefields.

I was also interested by your inclusion of rocket artillery in the OOB. I know a battery was set up nearby (St. Contest?) but do you know for sure if they engaged the Canadians attadcking Buron?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I was also interested by your inclusion of rocket artillery in the OOB. I know a battery was set up nearby (St. Contest?) but do you know for sure if they engaged the Canadians attadcking Buron?

My main source is the book of Dominique Barbe:"Charnwood, la bataille de Buron St Contest". I don't remember very well but I think the nebelwerfers fire on the canadians in the middle of the day. I must also change some little things in the briefings (to explain why there is a panther with a disabled gun and so, and so...)

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Ta for the comments MD, ya all tell me what you think of Polder Grave ok? smile.gif

I am doing another one soon. Canadians in Germany moving towards Siegrfreid Line facing tough german resistance and other stuff.

PeterNZ

Looking forward to it.

I've just added a "scenario design lab" page to my Bloody Buron II page - an indepth look into playtest and design issues. Anyone wishing to contribute similar material regarding scenarios on my site, or proposed scenarios for my site, is encouraged to do so.

http://members.home.net/madorosh/buroniilab.htm