Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Back by popular demand: bigger, bolder, brighter than before

And by "popular demand" I mean one person smile.gif That's right, high-visibility tracers for CMBB! Updated from the version I released for the CMBB demo.

Get 'em while they're hot

To install just pick the colors you want and change the .bmp numbers to 300.bmp for Germans and 301.bmp for Soviet

[ October 17, 2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

A word to the wise, even the best mod may not be your 'cup of tea'. Best to make a copy of the original bmps and move them over into another folder for safe keeping just-in-case.

Not to say it'll happen with the good Captain's mod, but one of these days you're going to replace the art for a vehicle or building and when the game restarts you'll exclaim "Oh my God! What did I just do??!!"

[ October 18, 2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

A word to the wise, even the best mod may not be your 'cup of tea'. Best to make a copy of the original bmps and move them over into another folder for safe keeping just-in-case.

Not to say it'll happen with the good Captain's mod, but one of these days you're going to replace the art for a vehicle or building and when the game restarts you'll exclaim "Oh my God! What did I just do??!!"

I've done that a couple times smile.gif Too bad with CMBB you can't just grab the original .bmps off the CD like with CMBO. I've had to reinstall the game to get back the skins I wanted.

Anyhoo, I included the original .bmps in this mod in case the less prudent among you decide you don't like the tracers. Always back up the bmps you intend to change!

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

I've done that a couple times smile.gif Too bad with CMBB you can't just grab the original .bmps off the CD like with CMBO. I've had to reinstall the game to get back the skins I wanted.

Anyhoo, I included the original .bmps in this mod in case the less prudent among you decide you don't like the tracers. Always back up the bmps you intend to change!</font>

Originally posted by Commissar:

Just make a copy of your current BMP file (assuming you can spare the HD space)

THat's what I did... another option would be to just open the exe in winrar (or the compatible mac prog if you are so inclined) and grab individual files that way...