Best "CM" Feature

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

Thanks for the link!

I definetly remember the arty being a bit over done to say the least in PG. The M7's were so annoying. But at the same time remember the magical Pioneer infantry and Engineers that were so good, no army could dig in against their onslaught?<hr></blockquote>

Word. *knodding head with grin on face*

Best feature? Try feature(s). One of them is this board. Just about every other BBS I have ever read has been chock full of juvenile dreck, while here not only can you get a decent answer to your question( unless you are a whining peckerhead) but many of the threads are an education unto themselves.

Another is PBEM. I like TCP but nothing beats coming home, kicking off the shoes and checking for turns. I haven't played the AI in over six months because of it. Besides, I have made some good friends from all over the world just because of it.

For me the last "best faeture" is the game itself. Not just that it is fun and all that but that CMBO really delivers on what it says it is going to do. Sure, we all argue and grumble about the relative armor quality of a Fartspanzer MkIV and whether an unladen PIAT can penetrate the side turret armor in the rain on Sunday, but for the most part stuff works the way it should. I can use real tactics get rewarded with reasonably realistic results.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Agreed, I always hated the tank movement (and the infantry movement somewhat) in CC2. It did have better colors IMO though. I wish I could use the CC2 colors in CM. It would be an unholy supercreature of a wargame!<hr></blockquote>

CC2 was great when using infantry. The best part about the game was that every man was displayed so when just 1 guy died, it meant a lot. Also, I'll never forget the beautiful sound of the 50 cal in that game. I wonder if you could record that and use it in this game?

I also loved how you could annihilate everything that moved with 1 Hetzenflammer. Man, that thing was killer! Imagine having one of those in your CM battles...

PBEM, definitly.

I've been playing other games for so long against predictable AI, being able to fight REAL intelligence while living in country with no fast internet connections is a very, very, very great improvement.

It's the reason why I bought CMBO, and why I'll buy CMBB.

(By the way, internet distribution is also a great feature to get the game in remote parts of the world)and, from my experience, surprisingly quick.

The game play, historical accuracy, and community are all great. But CM's best feature is how it encourages creativity. I can change almost any sight or sound in the game with sufficient talent, knowledge, and motivation. My tactics must be more flexible than "behind the third rock on the left, pull the lever to open the secret door" to win. The scenario editor is my favorite thing about CM. It keeps the game fresh, allowing me to test how different units work or make up a "what if" scenario. I especially love naming the troops. There's nothing like having the starting five of the 1970 New York Knicks command my Jumbo Shermans or making my old room-mate a conscript truck driver.

Mike