Scenarios - spoiled for choice.

Play Gefechtsaufklaerung, A warm place to sleep, or Hill 312 as Germans vs. the AI. Kharkov Zoo is also nice. Cemetary Hill is a great scenario, but most people find it very difficult to win as the German, myself included (But I'm still working on it). Play it as the German, though, I don't think it would be at all balanced if you played the Allies vs. the Germans.

If a scenario doesn't specify what side to play, you should usually play the attacking side; the AI does much better as the defender in most scenarios, unless the scenario designer does a lot of tweaking.

I have designed two scenarios for play verses the AI. "Berezina River" German attack verse the AI based on the Cross of Iron battle Breakout from Borisov. Played as the German attacker.

"5thSS PzGr Wiking" played as the German defender verse the AI..

A third battle there "A Cold Winters Morning" actually plays fairly well as the German defender also. If you are newer to CMBB, played as the German defender should work nicely.

They have been reviewed and are available at:

The Depot

I concur, Abbot's scenarios are a great deal of fun. I now use "A Cold Winter's Morning" to show off high-res games to interested boardgamers around here with great success. Use it with some of those great winter sloganized T-34's and it looks quite amazing!

(ok, I admit this was a shameless effort to get to 30 posts)