New Dark Green Interface Mod

Have been trying my hand at creating a new interface for CMBB. Which is kinda tough for someone with no artistic talent to begin with. tongue.gif

I wanted to brighten many of the icons containing text and darken the background so the info would stick out a bit better. Surprisingly I think it's turned out pretty well (albeit incomplete).

I don't know if anyone would like something like this, but it's available for download for your perusal. Be aware that it is incomplete and may look a bit odd when combined with the rest of the menu graphics. If anyone has any inclination to finish doing the menu buttons, feel free. I tried, but ran into that no-talent thing and gave up.

Some screens (120KB each):

AFV

Infantry

Download (61KB) at: Dark Green CMBB Interface

Enjoy.

- Chris

[ September 06, 2002, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Originally posted by Wolfe:

Have been trying my hand at creating a new interface for CMBB. Which is kinda tough for someone with no artistic talent to begin with. tongue.gif

I wanted to brighten many of the icons containing text and darken the background so the info would stick out a bit better. Surprisingly I think it's turned out pretty well (albeit incomplete).

I don't know if anyone would like something like this, but it's available for download for your perusal. Be aware that it is incomplete and may look a bit odd when combined with the rest of the menu graphics. If anyone has any inclination to finish doing the menu buttons, feel free. I tried, but ran into that no-talent thing and gave up.

Some screens (120KB each):

AFV

Infantry

Download (61KB) at: Dark Green CMBB Interface

Enjoy.

- Chris

cool

Whoops! Didn't realize that anyone had responded to my post originally. Sorry Gyrene.

Gyrene wrote:

A little too bright green, but it's a start.

Really? It's pretty dark on my screen, but light enough to still just see the green color. Do you mean the green is too intense as a background color?

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Very tasteful except I'm not terribly crazy abut the reddish-pink font.

Actually that's not what it looks like in-game. I didn't touch the in-game fonts at all, only the icons that have text on them (Tired, Hiding, Green, etc.). I think JPG compression may have changed the red font color to pink in the screenshot.

- Chris

Originally posted by Gyrene:

Wolfe, bright green isn't exactly what I meant...It's a bit to the blue side, Leprechuanish if you get what I'm trying to say.

Not OD or military enough, I guess.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I didn't pay any attention to established military colors when I did the mod. I just went through a few different shades of green until I found one I liked. smile.gif

[Edit] Thanks, guys. Glad you like it!

- Chris

[ September 11, 2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

• 1 month later...