Beach Invasion (revisited).

Having never been too enthralled with my last beach terrain set, I took another poke at it.

The newer set is a full, beach-to-grass, open ground set, new rough, walls, hedge and contains the old-standard surf, hedgehogs and razorwire OP fence.

Below is a look at Gold beach, King sector as seen by the 6th Green Howards on that fateful day. It's a work in progess, but the entire sector is recreated to size using some swanky topo maps. Mont Fleury is visible in the background.

Beach.jpg

Coming soon.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rupert_2:

All we need now are Landing Crafts...<hr></blockquote>

Just like this one maybe?

Landing%20Craft.jpg

Doing fast MODs on request to BUMP fellow MODers Sneak Previews is what I call service...

:D

Clubfoot, that one is very nice indeed.

I can't see Hanks & Sizemore though.

Please fix or do somefink!!

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: PawBroon ]</p>

Ah, Rupert, duplex drive sherm's would indeed be a thing of sticky sweetness. It would be hard to make one look right, though, with the extra hardware and all. I'd like to see someone give it a shot, however (wink wink, nudge nudge Pawbroon) ;) . Lovely little water-craft, by the way.

Juju, I'll probably re-tool the water. Right now I'm using Magua's Normandy water tiles.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Just like this one maybe?

Landing%20Craft.jpg

Doing fast MODs on request to BUMP fellow MODers Sneak Previews is what I call service...

:D

Clubfoot, that one is very nice indeed.

I can't see Hanks & Sizemore though.

Please fix or do somefink!!

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: PawBroon ]<hr></blockquote>

Isn't that just a modded Assault Boat? I'd like to see LCA's and LCM's and LCT's. The challenge of organising a real assault landing would be very nice, indeed.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

The Ram Kangaroo might make a good representation of landing craft, but you couldn't use them unless you used fords for the water.<hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, for some strange reason, CM's fords are only fordable by foot soldiers, not by vehicles. It is perhaps one of the most bizare aspects of the game.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ogadai:

Isn't that just a modded Assault Boat?<hr></blockquote>

It is.

Only one you'll find in the game anyway.

So no LCI, LCT etc.

Best you can do is giving it a more Navy like look and a ramp for the troops and at the end of the day you'll still have some sort of rowing boat...

Assault Boat or LCT it is still a nice looking representaion of one....And I think you might have to wait until the next version of CM2:BO comes out after all the other theatres of WW2 are done Ogadai to get a real looking LCA/LCT even if the guys think it is worth putting in then.

Now PawBroon about that nice Sherman DD tank with a lowered flotation screen myself and Clubfoot mentioned..Hint,hint !! :D

Well, the lack of Higgins' boats and other landing craft will be a moot point anyway.

To actually simulate a beach landing under fire in CM with that little wood&canvas paddle-about is a torturous drag. So, not unlike my last beach scenario, the relevant Allied units will be present on-shore at the beginning.

We'll see if Fotki won't do it's job again. Another look at GOLD beach/KING sector. I've just about wrapped this one up. All the graphics are complete, as is the scenario itself.

The pic below shows Robin Hastings' 6th Green Howards battling up the beach as well as giving a small peek at a few of the German defensive positions.

beach2-or.jpg