Why I should get CMBB free...

Here are two reasons why I should get CMBB free of charge: 1) It took me 3 tries to get the demo - when I was successful; it was over 3 & half hours to download ( first time I got a bad file { was only 1/2 complete, 2nd time I lost the connection 10 minutes in } 2) It's my birthday & I WANT A PRESENT!!!!!

Guest SnarkerII
Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Here are two reasons why I should get CMBB free of charge: 1) It took me 3 tries to get the demo - when I was successful; it was over 3 & half hours to download ( first time I got a bad file { was only 1/2 complete, 2nd time I lost the connection 10 minutes in } 2) It's my birthday & I WANT A PRESENT!!!!!

Uh huh. Get married, have a kid. It'll leave you plenty of presents. smile.gif

Originally posted by SnarkerII:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Uh huh. Get married, have a kid. It'll leave you plenty of presents. smile.gif </font>

What about all those old schoolers from back in the beta demo days, eh? They didn't get any special treatment and they had to wait years (if I'm not mistaken) for the full game to be released. I myself came on the scene about six months before the BO came out. Try playing the demo for months before being able to have the full CM goodness. Shees, newbies* these days want to have their CM, and eat it too. :rolleyes::D

* If, by chance, you were previously a member but have since changed your username, I will pubicly apologize and recite a particularly self-demeaning(sp?) remark of your choice.

Edit cause I confuse the letters "B", and "O".

[ September 14, 2002, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: tiborhead ]

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

That's nothing! My credit card expiration date matches the example experation date on the online order form PERFECTLY, that's like a 1-in-a-million chance; mathematically unlikely!

And that's why I should get it for free. redface.gif

Bah! you haven't been around in a while. You deserve nothing. Nothing! ... Tough break with the credit card though.

If you want a free copy of CMBB because you tried to DL the demo with dial up, and had to try multiple times, join the club. Everyone wants to blame the poor performance of the demo DL on BFC, but what they forget is that they are sporting a dial up modem!!! :eek:

First kid on the way for me, so I will get plenty of presents soon enough! Accidentially parked under a light pole last night and I had some presents for me on my car this morning . . .

Chad

Originally posted by tiborhead:

What about all those old schoolers from back in the beta demo days, eh? They didn't get any special treatment and they had to wait years (if I'm not mistaken) for the full game to be released. I myself came on the scene about six months before the BO came out. Try playing the demo for months before being able to have the full CM goodness. Shees, newbies* these days want to have their CM, and eat it too. :rolleyes::D

* If, by chance, you were previously a member but have since changed your username, I will pubicly apologize and recite a particularly self-demeaning(sp?) remark of your choice.

Edit cause I confuse the letters "B", and "O".

I tell you, you whippersnappers have it EASY! Back in my day, before even the Beta Demo was out, we faithful few would hang our hearts' hopes on a single screenshot, or an update to the Beta AAR (Fionn vs Moon), or even Steve or Charles showing up on the forum to give an authoritative POV. We'd walk...well, websurf...5 miles, uphill BOTH WAYS, in driving snow and blistering heat (often simultaneously! :eek: ) to get even 3 sentences about "we've managed to code indirect fire for mortars," and God help the Internet if there was a new Quicktime movie.

Every time I hear your whining and puling about having to download the demo twice, or trouble setting the graphics preference, or having to scrounge through the garbage to find enough loose change to buy a new video card, it makes me want to PUKE! I hope yer parents disowned you so they don't have to endure the humiliation that comes of being related to you sorry lots.

Oh, I'm sorry! This is ABUSE! You want 12A, down the hall!

DjB