A challenge

Perhaps you're good at playing other humans in CMBO? Well, then I officially challenge any who would like to show they have some cursed guts to play me. Come on, I want someone good. Now. Dammit.

Promises to be a violent clash to the bitter bloody and intestine-emptying end.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

What does RA stand for? Registered Antipodean?

Regards

Jim R.

My first guess at what RA meant was Real Alaskan, which would scare almost anybody. But then I looked at his profile, and I think he means "Residential Assistant". That means he is a professional authority figure for a group of college kids away from home for the first time.

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

What does RA stand for? Registered Antipodean?

Regards

Jim R.

My first guess at what RA meant was Real Alaskan, which would scare almost anybody. But then I looked at his profile, and I think he means "Residential Assistant". That means he is a professional authority figure for a group of college kids away from home for the first time.</font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

Tch. Don't bother playing Gustav. I still have a turn outstanding from him for a game that dates back to April.

You mean that stupid, dumb game in which I had green troops to fight an ME (which I hate) on a foggy night with 15m visibility against your elite uberparatroopers? Send me a real setup if you dare.

Ekk. No offence but it seems to me that if you took a PBEM game with THOSE conditions, he already gave you a 'real' setup and you took the bait.

I don't think Lee-Di waited around long for an opponent. He didn't strike me as the patient type.

What a silly challenge.

Personally, I've found that some of the best players are often the MOST critical of their own skill. They downplay every win and enthusistically learn from every defeat. They are ALWAYS improving, the more times you play them, the deadlier they become. Each win against them is harder to earn. They never fall for the same trick twice. Eventually, you have to continually improve just to keep up.

Originally posted by Barrett's Privateer:

...Personally, I've found that some of the best players are often the MOST critical of their own skill. They downplay every win and enthusistically learn from every defeat. They are ALWAYS improving, the more times you play them, the deadlier they become. Each win against them is harder to earn. They never fall for the same trick twice. Eventually, you have to continually improve just to keep up.

Correct. And once they've downplayed their wins, the best players will be sure to brag about their genius strategy and their opponent's ineptitude to anyone who will listen. If they lost, good players will analyze their defeat, learn from their mistakes, and then publically accuse their opponent of gaminess/cheating/bad setups/wasting good oxygen.

At least, that's how Soddball and I fight, since we both learned PBEMing skills from Antithicess State University. Speaking of whom, he's a gamey little weasel, since he hasn't accepted my challenge either.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the game he sent me was "random." If I'd known the conditions I wouldn't be complaining.

[ October 07, 2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]

Soddball Says: Tch. Don't bother playing Gustav. I still have a turn outstanding from him for a game that dates back to April. :eek:

Take it like a man and complete the game.

I am sure some people are not going to play you because of this matter at hand, myself included.

Gustav Says: You mean that stupid, dumb game in which I had green troops to fight an ME (which I hate) on a foggy night with 15m visibility against your elite uberparatroopers? Send me a real setup if you dare.

Well next time you will get a GameMaster to set it up for you, or you will understand the conditons a little better. (one for the dough heads) tongue.gif

But by all means complete the game....... please.

Later.

"keep your friends close and your enemys closer"

109 Gustav

You mean that stupid, dumb game in which I had green troops to fight an ME (which I hate) on a foggy night with 15m visibility against your elite uberparatroopers? Send me a real setup if you dare.
Tsk, tsk. What kind of general would you have made?

The random setting takes away the Uber-troop vs uber-troop battles. Anyone can duke it out with Veterans but it really feels good when you stick 2 veteran german AFVs (Pumas?) with 1rst shot kills from 2 Green Canadien Stuarts....all within established parameters agreed upon by both sides. My inf took a beating but I am wiping the field clear of the offending Huns now that his armor and ATG are neutralized.

Grow a pair and finish taking your lickings, boy. Then you can once again raise your head high and seek other opponents. Until then you are just looking for someone you can whoop on and lord over.

Take it like a man and complete the game.

I am sure some people are not going to play you because of this matter at hand, myself included.

Do us all a favour, Atkins. Until you know what you're talking about, shut up.

The QB was a night battle, with my regular GIs against whatever Gustav had. It was all random on a stick.

If you don't understand the ways of the Antithicess, you never will. Go back to your beard-shaving and musket-wielding.

At least, that's how Soddball and I fight, since we both learned PBEMing skills from Antithicess State University. Speaking of whom, he's a gamey little weasel, since he hasn't accepted my challenge either.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the game he sent me was "random." If I'd known the conditions I wouldn't be complaining.

If I'd know the conditions beforehand, I wouldn't be complaining either. Yeah. So. My only grumble was that you fought like a jessy.

GUSTAV! You pustulent scrote!! Send me a damn setup! Don't make it too long, because I know that you nod off after 5 turns of excitement. Bitch. Make it nice and fluffy though. Email is in my profile, where it belongs.