Best balanced scenario for PBEM

I have a rematch pending with Black Sabot, and I was wondering, not counting the below list, what are the best balanced battles vs. a human for PBEM?

He's already played:

"Drop into Destiny"

"All or Nothing"

"Shootout at Singling"

"South of Sword"

"The Sunken Lane"

"Villers Bocage"

"Night at Cheneaux"

"Aachen"

Thanks for any and all help.

Regards,

John Kettler

IMO, if you are looking for balance, then it has to be a DYO meeting engagement. Let the computer choose your forces, it is te ultimate test of skill.

If you are looking for a set scenario, try Kommerscheidt by Moon. Fionn and I fought to a draw in this scenario... very even.

Bil

Hey John,

The Raider team has been very conscious of this need and we are working hard for some scenarios that are as close to ideal as possible for PBEM.

Two of them should be ready this week and I'll post them in the CMHQ Game Depot. You may want to give them a try. They are brand new, thoroughly tested and raring to go. Also look for a new operation to be posted for those who love them.

The two scenarios are "The Wrong Hill" and "A Second Job."

http://combathq.thegamers.net

Then go to Scenario Depot section. Look for them about Wednesday or Thursday. I think these will fit the bill.

A Second Job is especially exciting. It is close in street fighting with equally strong forces on US and German side.

Terry Simo and Tim Orosz, both part of the CM Beta team with scenarios of their own on the CD, had a good hard fight and they both give it a thumbs up.

I'll post a notice when its ready.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

This is a good thread

is there a list somewhere of scenarios that have been tested to be VERY fair and well balanced so that both sides have the same chance of winning.

I assume (make an ASS of you and Me) that ALL the scenario's on the CD are very well balanced but there its hard to be sure about the other custom designed ones that are out there to know if they are fair for both sides or not.

Any reccmendations for new scenarios that are know to be fair and balanced would be appreciated.

Thanks

-tom w

Let me toot my own horn here for a minute. Relieving the Rangers and A Second Job are both well tested scenarios by the CM Raider Team. Most of our team are also beta testers for CM.

I think these will pretty well fit the bill for some hard fought 2 player battles. They both went up this week on Combat Mission Scenario Depot.

http://combathq.thegamers.net

Help yourselves and as always, feedback appreciated. Just be gentle biggrin.gif

Assume...never heard that before...gotta love it!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

I'd like to second the Rangers suggestion. Have played it a few times (but not pbem) and it is probably my fave scenario so far.

both sides have to attack and defend at the same time (with different forces) and are pretty well matched.

I will gladly partner anyone interested in a pbem.

steve