Scenarios for CM2

Folks, given that BTS probably has enough to do reproducing the horrors of Stalingrad and Kursk, are we prepared to develop some of the lesser scraps ourselves? Tarnopol, Cherkassy, Velike Luki, 10th parachute div on the road to Vienna, Totenkopf/Wiking in Praga, Novorrosisk all suggest themselves.

Anybody got any favourites they intend posting?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WRG:

Folks, given that BTS probably has enough to do reproducing the horrors of Stalingrad and Kursk, are we prepared to develop some of the lesser scraps ourselves? Tarnopol, Cherkassy, Velike Luki, 10th parachute div on the road to Vienna, Totenkopf/Wiking in Praga, Novorrosisk all suggest themselves.

Anybody got any favourites they intend posting?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Falkenhan's defense of Seelow heights, or at least a small piece of it.

Check out THIS url

http://www.zhukov.org/Seelow.htm

for more of THIS:

As the morning of April 10, 1945, dawned, the German troops--tired, hungry and unable to sleep--were stirred by the distant sound of engines. Soon the sound of an even more terrible weapon broke the stillness. Konev had brought up the artillery.

The first 10 minutes of the ensuing barrage tore up the new minefield and knocked out two of the 88mms and five of the 75mms. One of the captured T-34s was destroyed, and dozens of men were screaming in pain from shrapnel wounds. The medics were stretched too thin to be effective, and wounded gunners could only wait in their improvised dugouts. Men were lifted into the air by the Soviet 152mm rounds, each of which was potentially lethal within 150 meters and left a crater a meter deep. Major Gottlieb lost half his men during the heavy barrage, which lasted nearly 30 minutes. Falkenhahn and his men fared better; they ran forward and began closing with the enemy tanks, which were advancing under the carpet of death.

I can't wait to do all the little attacks of train depots and supply dumps by partisans! Or defend them as the Germans

Okay, the (second) seige of Danzig -- Germany will get to use HER naval guns!

Crossing the Don, and all those other little rivers along the way.

I would love to see a large scenario (or op.) depicting the kick-off, when the Germans crossed the Polish border into USSR.

The seige of Moscow and of course Leningrad!

Oooooh, my palms are sweating.

I forgot the unit names, but there was one heavy panzer battalion engaged near Minsk in the high summer of 1944 that accounted for an entire Russian Tank Corps. That would be an awesome Op.

WWB

There was a battle I remember reading about-Starya Russa (outside of Moscow) during the Typhoon offensive. I believe it was fought between the 1SS and Guards units. The town changed hands many times. Anything in the streets of Berlin would be great as well.

Battle of Studzianki 9-16 VIII 1944.

This was probably, after Kursk, the biggest tank battle of WWII. Two panzer divisions: 19th Panzer division and SS Herman Goering Panzer/Paratrooper Divison fought the 1st Polish Tank Brigade(formed under Russian command and named after heroes of Westerplatte) and 8th Russian Guards. During those seven days, Germans lost: 40 tanks, 9 armored personnel carriers, 26 field guns and mortars and an artillery battery was captured. Unfortunately I could not find information about the Polish and Russian losses. In 1969 the name of the town was changed to Studzianki Pancerne (Pancerz in Polish means armor)and a tank monument in the form of T-34/85 was erected to commemorate the battle. This could be an interesting scenario for CM2.

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: veloboldie ]

Originally posted by wwb_99:

I forgot the unit names, but there was one heavy panzer battalion engaged near Minsk in the high summer of 1944 that accounted for an entire Russian Tank Corps. That would be an awesome Op.

Absolutely right, WWB. Got any references to that? Sounds like a hell of a scrap.

Well, I cannot look it up due to the fact that my library is still in boxes. But it happened in August 44, during operation bagration. I am suprised none of the real grogs has corrected my omission yet. . .

WWB