What's up next?

Hi :D ,

I'm a huge fan of Operation Flashpoint and rescently got hold of the combat Mission demo, so I ordered it from Amazon (should arrive tomorrow).

I was thinking that when Battlefront are done making "Combat Mission:Barbarossa to Berlin" they could make a Combat Mission:Vietnam, or maybe a modern day one with an imaginary war? Just think... Helicopters, Laser designation, Napalm!

CM is great but when battlefront start work on another sequel they should give WW2 a rest.

Thanx. smile.gif

BTS has already stated that CM3 will be the USA against Iraq. We're coming for you, buddy!!!*

*Actually, they've said no such thing. CM3 will be the Mediterranean/North Afrika and CM4 will be the early war years on the Western Front. BTS will redo the game engine at some point, most likely before CM3 is done. After CM4 BTS expects to revisit the Western Front as modelled in CMBO using the new game engine. (I may have confused the order a bit, so sue me.)

Originally posted by Moon:

Hi Saddam! Saddam? Ah well, welcome anyway smile.gif

We have not set plans for which theater we will be going with the engine rewrite following CMBB.

Martin

Is that new "news"?

There will be a CMII and it will be a game engine rewrite, but we do not know which Theatre of WWII.

oh?

Perhaps I'm just CRAZY but I presumed it would be the ETO from 1939 to 1945 seeing as all the data for the post D-Day units (with the notable exception of the Allied Quad .50 cal HT ;) )are available from CMBO. smile.gif

-tom w

[ May 29, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]