Juju does it again: City Roads and Pavement, anyone?

Juju

Oh, well, another weekend spent behind my screen, while I really should be out chasing girls. *sigh*. But boy, was it worth it. IMO, at least.

So, city roads and pavement, all in glorious ultra-res. Yep, these textures are big and may tax your system. Be sure to read the readme for full details.

And yet again, this mod is fully compatible with CM:BO.

On to some (heavily downsized) screenshots. They'll probably only last for a day before the site that hosts them pulls 'em down again though. :(

_Preview01-vi.jpg

_Preview02-vi.jpg

_Preview03-vi.jpg

_Preview04-vi.jpg

_Preview05-vi.jpg

Available at A ModSlut's wet dream.

[ November 10, 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Wow, they look great Juju! smile.gif

Just what size are they out of interest?

Dan

Thanks Dan, that means a lot, coming from you. They are 1024x1024. 512x512 looks almost as good, but I didn't want to lose the detail. They're easily reducable in size (no pinkies) by the players themselves, should they wish to do so.

I did convert them to 256 colors, to keep the download small. IIRC you told me that CM will 'upsample' them again to 16K, yes? Anyway, on my screen I couldn't see any diffence between the two (16k and 256 colors)

Juju, yup, it wont make any difference to CM. I would say that you notice no different visually when you change them to 256 as they are mainly grey, so the isnt as many colour to have to share 256 colours between. The result looks great though smile.gif

Hehe, do note guys that just *one* of these tiles will take up about the same amount of VRAM as the entire series of paved roads we supplied with CMBB. Just be warey to keep an eye on performance whilst using them and see how you go. If you have a high end card I think you should be fine, unless of could you install other mods that are high res like these smile.gif

Dan

[ November 11, 2002, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Looks great, Juju. But before I try to grab it, we need to discuss a little problem with your wall mod. I went over and downloaded it a couple days ago. Took four minutes for 928Kb. StuffIt unstuffed it into a folder on my desktop. But when I opened the folder there was nothing in it! :eek:

This problem has occured before while trying to go from PC to Mac. I had it with some mods on GJK's site (when it was up). I forget now what he did to fix it.

Michael

Originally posted by jdmorse:

Damn, already getting" Error 500 HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Invalid or nonexistent document " :( beautiful looking juju Can't wait to crash my own system :D

Sorry about that guys. The picture that was u/l'd didn't take, although it created a placeholder for it. So when you tried ot open that page, it errored out. I removed the offending picture placeholder and it should be good to go. Please let me know if it's still acting up. Thanks.

COG

Originally posted by Juju:

Oh, well, another weekend spent behind my screen, while I really should be out chasing girls. *sigh*. But boy, was it worth it. IMO, at least.

So, city roads and pavement, all in glorious ultra-res. Yep, these textures are big and may tax your system. Be sure to read the readme for full details.

And yet again, this mod is fully compatible with CM:BO.

On to some (heavily downsized) screenshots. They'll probably only last for a day before the site that hosts them pulls 'em down again though. :(

Available at A ModSlut's wet dream.

You are da man! I love those street tiles!

Anyway you can dirty them up a little? Maybe have some of the cobblestones skewed this way or that, or maybe have some sort of damage or water run off?

I'm not complaining at all, just asking if it can be done. Your mods are always good.

COG

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Anyway you can dirty them up a little? Maybe have some of the cobblestones skewed this way or that, or maybe have some sort of damage or water run off?

COG

Thanks for fixing it, Columbus.

I could dirty them up, but I thought they we're fine the way they were. The problem with skewed stones and stuff is that it results in very ugly repetetiveness in the game. Take the road for instance, I've had to replace hundreds of individual stones with dozens of individual other ones, in an attempt to obscure the obvious pattern.

And guys, if you do experience slowdowns, simply resize the BMP's to 512x512 resolution for improved performance

[ November 11, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Looks great, Juju. But before I try to grab it, we need to discuss a little problem with your wall mod. I went over and downloaded it a couple days ago. Took four minutes for 928Kb. StuffIt unstuffed it into a folder on my desktop. But when I opened the folder there was nothing in it! :eek:

This problem has occured before while trying to go from PC to Mac. I had it with some mods on GJK's site (when it was up). I forget now what he did to fix it.

Michael

IIRC, I think you went to an earlier version of Stuffit and then the archives worked.

Originally posted by Juju:

Thanks for fixing it, Columbus.

I could dirty them up, but I thought they we're fine the way they were. The problem with skewed stones and stuff is that it results in very ugly repetetiveness in the game. Take the road for instance, I've had to replace hundreds of individual stones with dozens of individual other ones, in an attempt to obscure the obvious pattern.

And guys, if you do experience slowdowns, simply resize the BMP's to 512x512 resolution for improved importance.[/QB]

I understand now. This is why I stick to database/website programming and don't go near art and design. ;)

Thanks for all your work JuJu!

COG