A few question hoping to be answered

1.) How are the doodads going to be placed on the map? In CMBO I used to have many churches with the walls designating a cemetary behind it, but now will I be able to place the tombstones manualy?

2.) Nebelwerfers, I love Nebelwerfers!!! Will there be on screen Nebelwerfer units or are the not within the combat scale and modeled as offboard rocket fire.

3.) In many of the screenshots they show tall green grass. In the demo it is not present. I take it that the tall grass will be seasonal? Also will the amount and height of wheat and such be seasonal as well?

4.) In the screenshots section the 9km shot says FPS Off. What kind of machine is needed to run that map with all visuals on and high resolution SMOOTHLY. (:)Just Wondering)

5.) (Statement) The additions of the doodads adds an amazing amount to the CM engine. The maps look so much more realistic and smooth. I am amazed. I had trepidations about the againg of the engine but it seems to be able to hold its own.

6.) Are Machineguns now going to be able to run for short distances with high fatigue or are they still turtles?

7.) Is it possible, seeing that buildings now show increasing damage, that vehicles could also swap textures to show damage?

8.) (Statement) Bomb laden dogs, I suspect they are not in and it is understandable, though it would be interesting.

Just a series of random questions and thoughts running through my mind in anticipation of the release.

1. I don't know about cemetaries. Other doodads appear whenever you have the corresponding tile for them (like brush, rough)

2. Offboard rocket fire

3. Like CMBO (although it wasn't visually represented) wheat will have a winter & summer height

4. Processor: Pentium 800MHz or faster (PC), G4 (Mac)

Operating System: Windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000 (PC)

Mac OS 8.6 to 9.xx (Mac)

Video Card: 32Mb Video card capable of running in 800x600 resolution or higher

System Memory: 128MB of RAM

Hard Drive Space: 1.2 Gigabytes of Hard Drive space required (160Mb required for Demo)

Other Requirements: CD-ROM Drive

DirectX 8.0 compatible sound and video cards (PC)

28.8 modem or Network/Internet access for multiplayer

6. Yes, they can run for short distances

7. Not to my knowledge

Thanks, I know the system requirments, though rarely do they put the specs to run the game maxed out and smoothly. I'm not worried, if it is slow on my machine then something is seriously wrong. I was just interest in the FPS the 9K map was running at and on what type of machine it was running since the FPS indicator was turned off. smile.gif Thanks again!

ANSWERS (SORT OF):

1. Doodads are placed randomly in a terrain tile. The graveyard is its own graveyard tile, the rocks are the rocky tile, etc. You can toggle number of doodads on a map (up to EXTREME?) in the hotkeys menu.

2. No Nebelwerfer on the board. No Katyusha on the board either.

3. There's no tall grass in the Demo? Yes there is! Tall grass and Steppe grass are the same thing, they change color according to season/region/elevation/percentage of trees on the map.

4. Machine specs for CMBB? The recomended specs are on the main Battlefront site, but I believe its 16megs video minimum, 32 (or larger) optimal. Basically, it seems to run on any machine that'll run CMBO, with some graphics resolution penalties for the lower end machine.

5.CMBB is holding its own. there's a joke in there somewhere :D

6. Machine guns can run. I do believe yes. They can also get exhausted incredibly quickly.

7. Vehicle damage textures like building damage textures. Nope! I'm not entirely sure CMBB permits winter mods either, but we'll have to wait for the CD to check that out.

8. You want a dog bomb? I'd be happy to volunteer my landord's dog for the task!

[ September 16, 2002, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

The last Beta build I got my paws on didn't have a winter mod number set in it (the CMBO number sets are being used for other purposes in CMBB), and I have yet to hear whether winter mod numbers have been coded into the Gold or not. They were aware of it but I don't know if they did anything about it.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

[QB]ANSWERS (SORT OF):

Tall grass and Steppe grass are the same thing, they change color according to season/region/elevation/percentage of trees on the map.

Roger that. Appreciate the answers. Though I am now abit disappointed on hearing that winter textures may not be in.

I believe the +100000 bmp numbers (give-or-take a decimal point :D ) are now being used to toggle camou/yellow/grey textures for date-specific skins. Though I've been assured by a few general board members that winter skins are still in, I don't recall the subject having been addressed back in my old Beta Board days.

Believe me, just because I'm ignorant of a CMBB feature certainly doesn't mean it won't be in there!

:confused: