Old Dog's QB maps up on CM Database

Say goodbye to bizarre, generic QB maps! I Just uploaded my set of (12) Meeting Engagement QB maps for CMBB to the CM Mod Database. This set features logical objectives, "safe" setup zones, and realistic, interesting topography.

StreamSS.jpg

RailsSS.jpg

Because the meeting engagement maps are deep (1680m deep x 720m wide), they can also be used as small attack/defense maps by trimming the right end off in the editor and re-painting the setup zones.

Maps are designed for approximately 800-1000 point QB's, and feature the potential for long sight-lines (especially the steppe maps) and multiple avenues of approach. Ideal for TCP/IP or PBEM, they will work with the computer AI as well.

A total of (12) maps, (3) each steppe, farmland, rural village, and wild country. Enjoy.

- Old Dog

[ November 10, 2002, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]

Now why would I want "objectives, "safe" setup zones, and realistic, interesting topography" for my QB maps? Me of course! Looks good, I'm grabbing 'em now!

Now, only if I could host a TCP/IP again like I was able to I'd be happy. My problem is posted in the tech forum if anybody is interested in helping :-(

Fixed a mis-placed key road tile on one of the maps, and ColumbusOHgamer has updated the file. Very small D/L, so anyone who has the old version (Readme is unmarked on the old version - new version readme says 1.01 in the upper right corner.) may want to refresh their set.

Panzer Leader, since the dratted editor makes shortening the maps from either end impossible, I may make another full set of similar maps for attack/defense. In the meantime, help yourself though. smile.gif

- Old Dog