Infinite Grenade Ammo?

Shep

This was new to me: a German Company HQ in the tutorial scenario was down to its last grenade; at least that's what showed in the weapons/ammo window. The two T-34s came in close to the objective he was defending, and he proceeded to throw three more grenades, causing both tank crews to spook and abandon their tanks. A medal for him, no doubt, but do squads get infinite grenades, kind of like the "low ammo" situation for small arms?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe CMBB has infinite grenades (on the theory that a fully-loaded 12 man squad would have more grenades on hand than could reasonable be used-up in a scenario), but CMBO goes the extra mile and actually counts the grenades thrown. Why does each grenade symbol represent 3-4 grenades you ask? Probably to keep from cluttering-up the menu.

[ September 05, 2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

My heroic CO HQ with the finite number of grenades had a rather grisly end. He immobilized the first tank, and they bailed. The crew then ran RIGHT toward him. It seems that grenade chucking is a stealthy endeavor. He then targeted the second tank, ignoring the panicked crew right next to him. Tank number two then succumbed to the stealthy barrage. At that time I thought he had it made...

But then he targeted the crew, and BAM! BAM!!! those shootin' irons actually making a lot of noise as compared to the throwing of grenades. Incoming target lines appeared from every quarter and before the turn was out our intrepid HQ units were nothing more than so much swiss cheese.

I thought the stealthy grenade chucking feature was cool, and I never had experienced that in CMBO. Don't know if it's new to CMBB, but it was new to me.