Late Waffen-SS Winter uniform MOD released!

Thanks! smile.gif

Once more I send out the call for anyone who has good pix of German camouflage patterns to send them to me. Specifically I need a good shot of Heer splinter camo, good enough that I can reconstruct the repeating pattern for use in uniform mods. Also, if anyone has a good rendition of either "plane tree" or "blurred edge" patterns that would be helpful, too.

Andrew: See if you can get you hands on Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen SS: A Photographic Reference by Micheal D. Beaver with J.F. Borsarello. Published by Schiffer Military History 1995. I have a copy & I'd send you some photos but I don't have a scanner.

Anyway, if you can get this book, it's well worth the trouble. There's 100's of high quality colour photos of practically every pattern used by the Waffen SS & a comparitive section section at the back with Heer & Luftwaffe patterns & photos. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Andrew: See if you can get you hands on Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen SS: A Photographic Reference by Micheal D. Beaver with J.F. Borsarello. Published by Schiffer Military History 1995. I have a copy & I'd send you some photos but I don't have a scanner.

Anyway, if you can get this book, it's well worth the trouble. There's 100's of high quality colour photos of practically every pattern used by the Waffen SS & a comparitive section section at the back with Heer & Luftwaffe patterns & photos. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sounds like a great resource, it's just that I'm trying to avoid having to actually buy anything ;) , especially a book that I'll probably just use for one mod project and then never open again. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's something any of the local libraries will have on hand.

Too bad you don't have a scanner. I guess I'll keep searching, but if anyone else manages to come up with anything please let me know.

Yes but the Swedish army is sevearly neglected in his collection!

...they seem to hold on to the old German pre-WWII tradition of wool/cotton uniform with a camo shelter quarter.
We changed to a cammo pattern around 1990 and haven't used wool in a long time. But i assume that it costly to import new uniforms (he could increase the price of the game ;) )

Originally posted by jagcommander:

I've tried to download this mod many times on my dial up, but I never get past 80+% and a corrupt download. Is it available from any other source? Thanks....

The CM Mod DB is the only source right now. I will send it to Tom, of Tom's CMHQ fame, but I believe he is working out some hosting/download issues right now.

Originally posted by Souljah1:

I have dowloaded your MOD, but when i go to unzip it it tells me that its not a valid archive.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I got a similar response when downloading Juju's new wall. I just downloaded again and all was well.

smile.gif

Nice mod!

And yes, the Schiffer book is fantastic. Also super expensive smile.gif

Swift,

Yes but the Swedish army is sevearly neglected in his collection!
Yes, please have a word with your Ministry of Defense. The prices on used uniforms is "stupidly high" :( I figure you guys got them to stop the idiotic policy of sending perfectly good vehicles off to Finland to be crushed, so keep up the good work! Too bad all the S Tanks are melted down. I just got the chance to sit in one this week and they are fantastic vehicles!

Steve

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Souljah1:

I have dowloaded your MOD, but when i go to unzip it it tells me that its not a valid archive.

I got a similar response when downloading Juju's new wall. I just downloaded again and all was well.

smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Bullethead:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Souljah1:

smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Yes, please have a word with your Ministry of Defense. The prices on used uniforms is "stupidly high"

We just got a new minister of defense who before this was the general secretary of the church of Sweden and famous for cutbacks so I guess that a lot of new equipment will be redundant... If you want a cheap uniform I would recommend discarded ones from the military supply. I could check it out if you are interested.

The S tanks probably have served their time. The front could still hold up against modern guns (especially with the top-secret grate mounted) but the 105mm gun was inadequate. And as we all now from CMBB a turret-less tank is "easily" outflanked by a fast opponent.