One Peng to rule them all, one Peng to challenge them ...

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CMplayer:

Forget the stupor bowl, SWEDEN won the World Cup in HANDBALL!

RIGHT ON!!!

We did? I thought it was the European Championship? Morally, though... yes you're quite right.

WE WON YOU BASTARDS WE WON!!!</font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

SwedishChef.jpg

I'd like to thank the Nobel Academy and ... oh right, wrong speech.

Ahem.

Thank you. Words fail me. Next inhumation is free, my account. A small quid pro quo though, I've never actually, as it were, made any Crodaballs. Hakkoballs, Berliballs, Seanachaballs, Moriartyballs, Germanballs, Pengballs and menschballs yes. But never Crodaballs.

Are they any good? St Bauhaus? Your cue I believe?

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

SwedishChef.jpg

I'd like to thank the Nobel Academy and ... oh right, wrong speech.

Ahem.

Thank you. Words fail me. Next inhumation is free, my account. A small quid pro quo though, I've never actually, as it were, made any Crodaballs. Hakkoballs, Berliballs, Seanachaballs, Moriartyballs, Germanballs, Pengballs and menschballs yes. But never Crodaballs.

Are they any good? St Bauhaus? Your cue I believe?</font>

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

We just had a wonderful idea. We suggest, nay, demand that Simon Foxs vote be the only vote to be counted in this affair. Seems like the wrong thing to do. In a righteous sort of way. Our credentials are astounding as always, see for yourself:

"Another excellent idea from the Old Firm!"

Mr L. Morningstar Daily Hell

"It is always darkest before it goes pitch black."

S. Omeone Despair Yearly

"Arrrrggh! uhhhhrg..."

Some guy we met in an alley

Johan

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

m. Partake of too much alcohol on your flight to Australia...

Herr BladderBurst

If we knew you were coming we would have arranged a welcome you'd never forget - the Australian Customs full body cavity search with cold gloves.

Regardless, which city are you staying at, and what is your itinerary over the week?

Mace

btw Bauhaus, why do I get nervous when you start taking notice of me? You're not standing up are you?

[ February 04, 2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Well, that's okay then, isn't it? Know about Cleethorpes, too? Know which fish 'n' chip shop is the best, eh? Know how many piers its got? Seen the long, sandy beeches? Answer me that, Mr Scunthorpe United expert. And Doncaster, too, don't forget Doncaster.

Yeknod

Milords and Ladies, I give you a creature that, when portrayed as a donkey, demures not. When abused, becomes more affectionate. When tasked with unnatural affections, merely exaggerates them.

But when confronted with a foreigner who claims knowledge of his land and sporting teams, becomes deeply bothered and aggressive.

But in spite of all temptations

To belong to other nations

He remains an Englishman

He remains an Englishman</font>

Originally posted by PondScum:

Dalem, may your hair grow ever more greasy, I bring you the ears of the donkey. Smitten as he was with the fair Seanachai, he failed to take the time to educate his donkeytruppen in the art of urban combat - or even to move them all into town before my Parisian waiters had claimed dibs on the outskirts for a spot of boules. In the firefight that followed Pierre and his friends showcased their peculiarly French approach to "combined arms warfare", viz knocking down large buildings with bazookas and 60mm mortars.

92-8, with Idjit Yeknod surrendering just as I was getting to the good bit (i.e., mowing down his routed troops as they fled crying for their mommas).

Oh, did I mention the artillery? 105mm dropped every single sodding turn. We hate Berli. But in deference to Persephone, the donkey's paddock is untouched.

Your Francophobic squire,

PondScum

FIX, CONSPIRACY, I was mesmarised by the powder-blue bases underneath the Froggies... (so cute, and well, Frenchy), the Duck had supranatural help from the Gopher and they're both in cahoots worshiping the same idol... its unnatural and plain gamey... REMATCH, I demand a REMATCH...

Idjit Yeknod

My my, doesn't the Old Firm dress their lot up in bright colours. Hardly what I was expecting from a venerable institution of their reputation. And a most excellent and nefarious idea to boot. Even though we despise Simon Foxwith a cold ball of unquenchable hate deep within our inner crodas, we hates these Slappycomeslatelys ever so much more. What an insolent little cur he is to be making demands of that which is but the latest shanker in an immeasurable list of boils broken before him. I second Geier – let the grog have my proxy!!!!

Now, we thought that we had alerted customs and border control to repel all cesspoolers, but apparently they are not finsished clubbing defenceless women, children and reporters in the outback. Therefore we must take it on ourselves to demand that Horse Ovaries provide his itinerary to the Australian contingent so that we can monitor his movements properly. Don’t let Mace scare you off with that hummer talk, he stopped all of that when he was given permanent employ with the Victorian government back in the late eighties under a Kennett program to empty other institutions that were not turning a profit.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

m. Partake of too much alcohol on your flight to Australia...

Herr BladderBurst

If we knew you were coming we would have arranged a welcome you'd never forget - the Australian Customs full body cavity search with cold gloves.

Regardless, which city are you staying at, and what is your itinerary over the week?

Mace

btw Bauhaus, why do I get nervous when you start taking notice of me? You're not standing up are you?</font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

Idjit Yeknod, the gelded donkey, stands all alone in his paddock observing a small thistle. He starts to tremble with anticipation for the arrival of his one true love...Seanachai.

Yeknodonkey.jpg

Persephone

Oh, my gawd, I'm so damned attractive.

Persephone, I have to say you capture subtle nuances of the idjit, the nervous twitter, the confused, dormant stare. I salute the artist. More, more, we demand more.

Idjit Yeknod

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

There are three teams with dirty words in their names. Arsenal, Scunthorpe and Manchester f***ing United.

Billy Bragg</font>

Go Man U!!!!!!!!!</font>

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Idjit Yeknod:

REMATCH, I demand a REMATCH...

Let's see now, "Challenges, Dying-A-Lot For The Purpose Of". Ah yes, here we go, "Rules".

"Part-the-first: SOUND OFF LIKE YA GOT A PAIR". Hmmm. Guess that doesn't apply to you ever since the little snip, eh Mule-boy? Still, maybe you can fake it (does Seanachai realise that you fake it? No, wait, don't answer that...).

"Sub-clause J, Section 6: MAKE IT MEMORABLE". Well, you know my French waiters can never resist compliments of their powder-blue fashion sense. You damnable sweet-talker, you.

"The Most Important Bit: SOD OFF NOW". Failed. You're still here. Minus ears and 'nads, mind, but mostly still here, polluting the atmosphere.

Now, two out of three might not be bad for Mr Loaf, but here in the pool standards are a little... lower. So your 1.5-out-of-3 could just about cut it. Sadly, the burdens of my Squirely Quest impose such a psychic pain that I can't bear to contemplate starting TWO new games as the Frenchies in one night. And the Nobbit gets first pick after that little, ahem, <font size=-2>password incident</font>.

And as for Freiherr Goanna, Rittmeister von Oz und Ãœberlizard, don't think I didn't notice that you cunningly STOLE the description of you that I gave to the police, viz a sun-crazed lizard with the morals of a flamethrower team. Since the Law is apparently Asleep around here, I expect no monetary recompense, but when the long noose of the animal-control squad slips around your neck, you will know that Justice Is Done.

To the tune of George Kranz's Din Da Da:

intro and fade to background

Sean a chai Sean a chai Sean a chai a chai,

Sean a chai Sean a chai Sean a chai a chai...

Sean a chai! chai Sean a chai!

chai a Sean sean chai a chai chai chai!

Sean a ch-chai! chai a S-sean!

(Much more of the same here)

fade in to close

Sean a chai Sean a chai Sean a chai a chai.

Hey poopypants - setup on its way.

[ February 04, 2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: dalem ]

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Idjit Yeknod:

REMATCH, I demand a REMATCH...

Let's see now, "Challenges, Dying-A-Lot For The Purpose Of". Ah yes, here we go, "Rules".

"Part-the-first: SOUND OFF LIKE YA GOT A PAIR". Hmmm. Guess that doesn't apply to you ever since the little snip, eh Mule-boy? Still, maybe you can fake it (does Seanachai realise that you fake it? No, wait, don't answer that...).

"Sub-clause J, Section 6: MAKE IT MEMORABLE". Well, you know my French waiters can never resist compliments of their powder-blue fashion sense. You damnable sweet-talker, you.

"The Most Important Bit: SOD OFF NOW". Failed. You're still here. Minus ears and 'nads, mind, but mostly still here, polluting the atmosphere.

Now, two out of three might not be bad for Mr Loaf, but here in the pool standards are a little... lower. So your 1.5-out-of-3 could just about cut it. Sadly, the burdens of my Squirely Quest impose such a psychic pain that I can't bear to contemplate starting TWO new games as the Frenchies in one night. And the Nobbit gets first pick after that little, ahem, <font size=-2>password incident</font>.

And as for Freiherr Goanna, Rittmeister von Oz und Ãœberlizard, don't think I didn't notice that you cunningly STOLE the description of you that I gave to the police, viz a sun-crazed lizard with the morals of a flamethrower team. Since the Law is apparently Asleep around here, I expect no monetary recompense, but when the long noose of the animal-control squad slips around your neck, you will know that Justice Is Done.</font>

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Idjit Yeknod, the gelded donkey, stands all alone in his paddock observing a small thistle. He starts to tremble with anticipation for the arrival of his one true love...Seanachai.

Yeknodonkey.jpg

Persephone

Persephone, I have to say you capture subtle nuances of the idjit, the nervous twitter, the confused, dormant stare. I salute the artist. More, more, we demand more.

Idjit Yeknod</font>

This is SOOOOooooo depressing! These SSNs and squires are just horrible, except for PondScum ... I like his name, it shows a real feeling for his place here.

So to take my mind off the the shallowness exhibited here lately I have ...

ooOOOgah, ooOOOgah, ooOOOgah

Game Updates from the JUSTICAR

Agua Perdido continues trying to win through the clever tactic of waiting for me to die ... in real life. If his turns were any slower (and I speak from experience as mine haven't always been the speediest) you could use them to time the continential drift. He has just tried to sneak, that's right SNEAK a platoon around behind my victoriously advancing troops but, HAHA! I had a rear guard guarding my ... uh ... hmmmm.

Mace "claims" that he didn't get my turn ... likely story. We're both tip toeing around on one of Andreas' maps, and THAT'S likely to be the exciting part.

Bauhaus has cleverly moved a platoon up to support his lads in their defense of the village. Well, Cleverly might be a bit strong, he moved them out of cover and had them run across an open field into a bunch of bushes and now is preparing to run across MORE open fields while dodging my mortars and direct fire. I'm encouraging him.

Stuka is nearly ready to lose. We're playing a finely crafted and carefully balanced scenario by Wild Bill ... you can tell because I'm winning, and he's about to lose his last Tiger to my valiant Stuart Horde charging into the side of his immobilized Tiger. Now he claims he has reserves ... {snort} ... his idea of "having reserves" consists of getting a bogged Kublewagen moving again.

Wildman and I have commenced our miserable dark night ... very dark ... very, very dark fight for the village. It's early yet but I predict that his airstrike will NOT do him any good.

Joe

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Bauhaus, mention the Eagles on more time and I will rip out your colon and mail it to your next of kin. They can sign for the package as the fetid stench of your idiocy reminds them of their shameful excuse for a scion.

Eagles..........</font>

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Yeknodonkey.jpg

Persephone

Idjit Yeknod</font>