Any rough release date for CMBB?

Apache,

The only answer you are ever going to get is: "When it's done." That's not meant to be a smug reply. Rather, it's just the way the guys do things at BFC. They don't rush things along because of some arbitrary deadlines. Instead, they take the time to get things right and release their products when they are satisfied with them. Considering how good CMBO is, I think it is safe to say they will probably get it right again. smile.gif

I heard this quarter. If that is true then just 2 more months til the "deadline". My boss said I would get a raise also this quarter.

I bet CMBB is out before I get a raise!

I agree with STed though. They can tenatively schedule a release date, but if bug pops up, BTS will take the time to make it right.

Remember that Ketchup commercial in the 70s?

ANTICI--PAA-AA-TION

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Hawkmek ]</p>

Thanks guys, been out of communication for some time. Just checking that everyone else wasn't eagerly awaiting a release date that I was unaware of. Doubtless BTS will be inundadted with pre-orders once they announnce release (if indeed they intend to take POs this time around).

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Apache ]</p>

Apache, hi,

Yes, “when” is an important question. Happily, Steve and co are well aware of this and have quite recently answered the question.By the standards of these things.Back around the end of November, beginning December, Steve produced a long post to get us all up to speed. He did go into detail on the anticipated release date. I forget his exact phasing, but without any wishful thinking, it did translate into the second half of March.

Until there is a further update I believe that is the most likely. Time will tell, as they say.

All the best,

Kip.

here's one Clue

the Modeling Contest doesn't close until Feb 28 2002

So that right there tells you it likely won't be available until late March or early April.

My guess is IF (Big IF) EVERYHTHING goes well and on Schedule they might start shipping in April 2002.

Check this out:

"

KwazyDog

Administrator

Member # 302

posted 01-25-2002 04:22 PM

Hi guys!

Some more quick replies...

Zitadelle, yes, a bare bones model will still help us out, as it will give us all of the details necessary to help

in the building of a texture. What is perfect (other than a complete model of course) is a model that has

had the base coat applied and items like the wheels painted black, details coloured, etc, but if time doesnt

permit a bare model will be very useful too. as for the latest date of entry...well thats a hard call. At this

point the contest will end on the given date, but I could probably take texture 4 weeks or so after and

still have them of use to me, as long as I knew they were coming

Shep, thanks! Whilst I can promise anything I can tell you that we are trying out best to get as much in

there as possible. There should be a lot of vehicles for you guys to play with if all goes to plan!"

My guess (it is ONLY a guess) is they will need at the VERY least one more month after the close of the Modeling contest to work on the graphics and images from the contest to bring them into CMBB.

And since Dan (KwazyDog) is swamped now, if there are alot of last minute entries it may take a couple of more months to work through all the graphics files he has received and finalize what vehicles make it into the game and which do not.

So my completely "out of the loop" and uninformed guess is Sometime in April or May.

-tom w

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Abn_Ranger87:

Hope no delays come up, it would be bad form for CMBB to come out right before my wedding. Would be an awkward honeymoon to say the least... "but dear, I need to bring the lap-top with me..." :eek: <hr></blockquote>

Been there Done that, seriously

Yup

June or July 2000

The day CMBO arrived at my door was the Same Day my wife and I left for our Honeymoon.

She was VERY gracious about letting me play.

At that time there were no Mods and no user made scenarios and no TCP/IP

and the game was STILL great then even in its v1.0 format!!

-tom w

P.S. we are still married and I still love this game!