Need recommendation on a scenario for PBEM

Something preferably not too huge (say, reinforced co./1500 pts max)?

The type of engagement doesn't really matter. Just looking for a suggestion on a balanced battle with a cool map, nice immersion factor etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Murph

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Murph:

Something preferably not too huge (say, reinforced co./1500 pts max)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Murph<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey murph, making a plug here for my scenario. smile.gif

for a difficult (but challanging) battle try Fatherland found at Der Kessel. So far I've been getting good congradulations on a well made map and battle challange. If you do plan on playing it single player I suggest playing the Americans since the AI handles the troops kinda strange. But its great for PBEM or TCP/IP on a moderate line (anything higher then 56k)

mensch

heck check them all out, look at Dick «Warmeister» Reece's The Old Mill Polka - PBEM ONLY version, its realy small, perfect for those who love infantry fighting only and small but well made map. Also the best battle out there for those low end bandwidth internet users (like me on a 33.6 modem) =D

Ah stuka me lad, yes they get reinforcments all be it something not like a king tiger that many wish for when getting their butts wooped. I'd must admid that one Operation we were beta testing did go a foul with Batallion Reserves, but since some lads here posted and directed me to the explination of Bat / Div / Coy Reserves.. I will be less likely to use them again, since it only in my eyes does only reward failure (sometimes) I'd rather give Reinforcements with a less chance of comming or somefink for now on.

I have not yet played the previous suggestions but one I would play again and again and is really good 1st time blind is

"Move it Or Lose it" by Moon or should that be Rune ;)

It has a really great balance with lots of tactics you can try.

The first time blind with a mate or some one you can trust is awesome and it beats QB's any time.

The map is well thought out and you can win with either side.

I would be interested in your views on the stuff above as I am always on the look out for great scenarios for playing blind.

Cheers

H

smile.gif

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: Holien ]

Well, if we are plugging . . .

I am still getting complimentary e-mail on my first scenario Fertile Ground which can be had at Manx's Combat Missions site [http://www.combat-missions.net/]

It works best as a PBEM, is medium sized and well balanced. Several e-mailers have said it is the most fun they have played so far, but then they might not have tried Berli's stuff. Germanboy also makes fantastic scenarios with beautiful maps. You can find their stuff on der Kessel.