Introducing the amazing magnetic mine!

There was some debate whether the grenade bundle was thrown or placed. Consensus was that it would probably be hand-placed (usually under turret rear overhang or against the drive sprocket?) but that would be a royal pain to animate. Hence, the compromise.

As to the presence of proper 'magnetic mines' as well as grenade bundles and sachel charges, I honestly don't know! A Beta tester with a better memory will have to answer that.

Originally posted by Gryphon:

I didn't see any mines on the German side, only grenade bundles and the pazerwurfmine?

Regards,

Gryphon

Yelnia Stare (spelling?) scenario, 2 tank hunter teams (GERMAN) have magnetic anti-tank mines as well as grenade bundles.

I agree w/ the likelyhood that a grenade bundle would have been placed rather than thrown (or mabye a very short toss) but understand why it was necessary for BTS to model them being thrown for simplicity. Glad to hear that someone had success though. Both my teams were killed at 100 meteres by a T-34 while they were still hiding in their fox holes. Never got close. Maybe when the get in some urban combat as mentioned above I'll see the buggers work.

one thing missing are normal AT mines like tellermines

standard procedure was to let the T34 drive through your position.

the tankhunters than would take em out, if one drove over a foxhole or a trench ,than a brave soul would throw an AT mine to the tracks.

remember Steiner in Cross of Iron

The first report I read of the usage of mines and grenades was about Hauptsturmbahnfuhrer Seela.

he crawled upon a T34,placed a mine between the enginedeck and the turret and than used a grenade to explode the mine.

Brave guy,he killed 7 T34's that way