It's the Aniversary of Barbarossa....

Yes, I'm here in Moscow, and watched an old movie on the defense of Brest-Litovsk. There was much laying of flowers at WWII monuments here today. The Great Patriotic War is still very alive in the Russian collective mind.

One can well understand why the Great Patriotic War is engrained in the psyche of Russia. No country suffered more in order to defeat the Nazis.

However, too bad that Hitler & Stalin could not have destroyed each other and thus, have avoided the Cold War. :(

Cheers, Richard

june 22nd, 1941. the day the germans were suckered into the quagmire(sp) known as the russian front, only a few months before roosevelt suckered the japanese into bombing pearl harbor. i guess that proves that war is for suckers.....

Originally posted by Soddball:

That'll be why you haven't sent me my turn - or is it because I'm slapping your Panzers silly? ;)

My lag in producing turns happens to be due to a wonderful vacation I took 15-20th; I visited my adopted niece in Wisconsin (seriously!). I had a great time just lazing around doing nothing and spending time with her and her friends--she's only a few years younger than I am so we're fans of many of the same things (Python, Eddie Izzard, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, etc)

Your next turn is on its way. Altho to be honest I'm sorta burning out on CM right now; with the wonderful weather we've been having I've been trying to force myself to do things outside, even if it's just washing my car and hacking around in my garden plot.

DjB