Boohoo!I got it....but it's in french!Please help

Actually a friend of mine ordered the english version of CMBB from a french wargames store as he had done with CMBO.Although CMBO was in the correct english version, this time CMBB arrived

in the french language :( .On his request to

send him the english version instead, they replied that it wasnt available anymore, and if he wished he could send it back in order to return him the money.So we both have to play

CMBB using a dictionary, because with so many

new features its impossible to find out what is what by simply guessing.Believe me its frustrating trying to play CMBB using your tiny knowledge of french(bonjour, bon oui etc) :rolleyes: .So I'm desperately asking for help.Does anyone have any idea if the language of the game(units, orders, map elements and various texts)can be switched to english with the replace of some files?(No problem with the BMPs, these ones I can fix them myself)

Thanks for any help

[ October 20, 2002, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: panzermartin ]

Aaah - I bask in the glow of enlightenment following your perfectly explanitory edit. In my usual style I am afraid that I am unable to answer your query, but I thank you for the edit as the time machine wasn't coming along too well.

I can put these bent paper clips and pen lids back in the drawer now, and French people all over the world can sleep soundly in the knowledge that they will not suddenly blink out of existance tonight at least.

Heck, I have the English version of the game but I find that most of what's going on is in Russian or German or Finnish so you're not the only one who is being linguistically challenged by the game.

I'm thinking about taking a vacation to Germany and Russia next year where I will attempt to survive only by using native phrases I've learned through CM.

Originally posted by Peterk:

I'm thinking about taking a vacation to Germany and Russia next year where I will attempt to survive only by using native phrases I've learned through CM.

Yup, I can see the looks you will get when you mix up and say "I'm hit" when you meant to say something else :D