New Nividia Drivers

Voxman

The beta 40.72s are working for me in CMBB (at least they have so far).

I have not yet installed the WHQL certified ones as I don't want to "fix" what ain't broken...

My only problem is that anti-aliasing and/or anisotropic filtering seems to totally screw up the display. Which sucks because my system is more than capable of pushing a decent framerate in these games even if I maxxed them out. Darn

:(

The beta 40.72s are working for me in CMBB...My only problem is that anti-aliasing and/or anisotropic filtering seems to totally screw up the display.
Sounds to me like they're not working. :(

The "old" 30.82 drivers work with 4xAA, but not 2x or Quincunx. So I guess they are broken too, just not as broken as the 40.xx series.

Actually I just tested all the 40.xx and 41.xx series drivers and can still NOT recommend them for use.

FSAA still appears to be buggy and you will not see text on the screen without first minimizing and maximizing the game. You can disable FSAA and the text will be properly displayed

We have emailed Nvidia about this once more. We had hoped they would fix this before this release but they did not.

FSAA should work in ALL MODES with the 30.82 or 30.87 series drivers. They do on my GeForce 3 ti500

Madmatt

I may have to go back to those, then. If I can (my computer is very finicky about changing drivers for some reason - I know how to do it, but my PC doesn't like to change :mad: )

I tried to update to the 41.03 (or was it .30?) drivers last night, no luck. After some trial and error in CMBO, I think it's the anti-aliasing, not the aniso that causes the problem. It works fine once in the game itself, it's just the text on the battle screens, passwords, and "loading 3-D graphics" that are invisible. I found that alt-tab to the desktop and then back into the game does solve the problem - but I agree that shouldn't be necessary.

And I'm just kind of reluctant to go back because I use this machine mainly for first-person shooters, and the added performance in those has been noticable. Thanks for the advice, nonetheless.

The FSAA is the cause, not the aniso stuff. Only the drivers Madmatt mentioned will work right with FSAA, although I haven't tried them yet with my new Ti4200.

On a positive note, with the 40.72s you can turn up the aniso to max, and it looks rather good even without the FSAA.

Thanks Matt, for leaning on Nvidia for us.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

The FSAA is the cause, not the aniso stuff. Only the drivers Madmatt mentioned will work right with FSAA, although I haven't tried them yet with my new Ti4200.

I have a 4200 (64 MB) and I can tell you that attempting to use 2x or Quincunx with CMBB results in no display at all, i.e. a completely black screen. Minimizing and maximizing does no good. This is with 30.82 drivers and DX 8.1b.

4x and 4xS work fine.

Hi all,

I have another hickup with the new Detonator drivers 40.72 WHQL; on my Win98SE with a GF4200TI CMBB only runs with 60 hz. And yeah, I´ve used the direct3d refresh utility from within the driver. No go ...

This is only a problem with CMBB, all other games run fine with 85 hz. And yeah, I´ve deleted the old CMBB prefs ...

The old 30.82 work fine though, CMBB runing in 85 hz .

Any hints ? :confused: