VT Artillery against buildings and tanks

I once tried to sweep a small village out of existence with VT arty and failed miserably. Bad luck? Can't say. Anyway, these days I never target hard-targets with VT. I spare them for infantry in the open.

Another question I had in mind:

VT treeburst? Does it affect the damage in any way?

My unscientific observation is that VT artillery does more damage to buildings and immobilizes tanks more easily. Obviously, it makes short order of open-top vehicles. This is quite an issue in human-selected games which see many 75mm halftracks, Wespe.

And it goes both ways, I recently lost my only AT AFV, a Jackson, from a VT spotting round falling short. And the enemy had a Tiger...

Originally posted by redwolf:

And it goes both ways, I recently lost my only AT AFV, a Jackson, from a VT spotting round falling short. And the enemy had a Tiger...

so you looked at the tiger wrong and it brewed up right tongue.gif

Originally posted by redwolf:

My unscientific observation is that VT artillery does more damage to buildings and immobilizes tanks more easily. Obviously, it makes short order of open-top vehicles. This is quite an issue in human-selected games which see many 75mm halftracks, Wespe.

I'm not sure if VT arty is good vs. heavy buildings but it is--as many have stated--murderous against troops, and I've also had great luck with it against vehicles. In my experience it will KO virtually any HT within its perimeter of fire, and it will immoblize or gun-damage a high percentage of tanks (causing some to eventually abandon.) I recently stopped almost a whole wing of a major armored attack with VT arty, killing six or seven the HTs & disabling an equal number of tanks.

I heartily recommend it against both infantry and vehicles. 105 VT is a super weapon. And I'll run a test against various vehicles if I find the time.