Can the video intro music be changed ?

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the video intoduction music wave file with a different wave file that will actually get played ?

The CMBO program doesn't seem to care if wave file 00005010 is in the wave folder or not. I've tried substituting different files for the original but the BTS theme seems to get played regardless. Do files that take the place of the original 00005010 have to have any particular characteristics (length, size, frequency ?) for the program to recognize them, or is the sound already embedded in the video ?

Guest SnarkerII

I replaced 00005010 with "Burning Bridges", and it works fine. Files must (obviously) be saved or converted to wav format - less obvious settings are 16 bit, sample rate of 44.1 kHz and 2 channel (stereo).

It plays at the intro screen - I have the intro movie turned off, so I forget if 0000501 plays then. Been a while...I'll have to check the movie and see.

Originally posted by SnarkerII:

I replaced 00005010 with "Burning Bridges", and it works fine. Files must (obviously) be saved or converted to wav format - less obvious settings are 16 bit, sample rate of 44.1 kHz and 2 channel (stereo).

Thank you for that. Now my next question is, I have some wave files that are in Wave format. How can I tell how many bits, what sample rate, and how many channels assuming they are even in stereo ? [This is the part of my sound cards that I've always studiously ignored ].

I had to get a simple converter just to make these (originally) MP3 files into Wave files. I've noticed there are editors. Any recommendations on what, if anything, I can use if I don't want to make a life's carreer out of this ?

Originally posted by Philippe:

The CMBO program doesn't seem to care if wave file 00005010 is in the wave folder or not. I've tried substituting different files for the original but the BTS theme seems to get played regardless. Do files that take the place of the original 00005010 have to have any particular characteristics (length, size, frequency ?) for the program to recognize them, or is the sound already embedded in the video ?

IT's embedded in the video. The other posts that people are making about editing file and creating new ones and wathcing bit rates are all well and good, but you have to change the prefernce for the vid first. If the video plays, you get the video music. If you bypass the music, then 00005010.wav plays instead. To set that preference, hold down the left shift key while launching the game (at least on PC.. don't know of the command is differnet on Mac).

I replaced the video intro music with one of my many versions of Lilli Marleen. It had exactly the right properties, and to my delight, no video intro, but Lilli Marleen kept playing through the different selection screens.

Emboldened by my success, I tried Panzerlied, which almost had the right properties. Actually, it had exactly the right properties because when I held down the left shift key and launched CMBO, I discovered that I had perfect theme music for Hamstertruppen: Panzerlied sung in the style of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

So if there are any die-hard rodent lovers out there, just drop me a line.

It plays at the intro screen - I have the intro movie turned off, so I forget if 0000501 plays then. Been a while...I'll have to check the movie and see.

How do you turn off the intro movie? :cool:

Guest SnarkerII
Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

Hold the shift key down when starting the game.

Also, there is an excellent shareware sound editor at www.goldwave.com. Easy to use and pretty comprehensive, worth the buy for you sound modders.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

Hold the shift key down when starting the game.

Also, there is an excellent shareware sound editor at www.goldwave.com. Easy to use and pretty comprehensive, worth the buy for you sound modders.</font>