Please reply Aye or Nay

OK, i'm wondering if i could have a quick show of hands with a simple question:

Is using aircraft generally considered not acceptable.

I dont want to go to much into this, but in tourney play, tcp's, MB's, the rule of thumb is usually that aircraft are not used, full stop.

please reply Aye they are Not used, Nay they are.

Thank you smile.gif

Depends on who you are playing. I have no problem if my opponents want to purchase an aircraft even in ladder or tourney play. There is a risk that the plane will not show up, or that it is innefective, but there is also a chance that the plane could be a real sparkplug and cause havoc to your army. For this reason, some players on ladders or in tourneys do not want to lose a game based on luck (ie, how lucky you are with your pilot).

For me, its no problem either way, but some others would passionately dissagree ;)

Oh yeah.......Nay ;)

CDIC

Hmmm, i'm not really after personal opinions and stuff, i'm just more looking for the general consensus as to wether they are considered playable or not, Fionn's and Scipio's rules say no, not allowed, and wondered if that was pretty much the rule of thumb for most games in most situations. (i know there will be times when with a friend anything goes, under a tourney its a no, so i'm after a "most times" kind of answer)

Oh and the whole Aye and Naye thing, Aye not allowed, Naye they are smile.gif

cheers

The answer is that they are allowed unless it is agreed upon that they are not allowed. There's nothing gamey about using them, but some people just prefer to play without them. Personal preference. It's usually best to simply ask your opponent to make sure.

Originally posted by Tripps:

Fionn's and Scipio's rules say no, not allowed, ...

... because those rules don't allow german AA guns to shoot them down. Makes a sensible balance, methink.

I see no problem with aircraft as long as you also allow autocannons.

In fact, threat of aircraft is the main reason for "gamey" players to deploy AA guns in a more historical manner. (Way back with no or little LOS to the enemy.)

Cheers

Olle